Friday, January 1

Happy Holy-Shittin' New Year!

So I had a post all written up last night. How New Year's Eve is a lame holiday. How overrated it is. How jewelery sales between the holidays and Valentine's Day account for 30% of the diamond industry's sales. How Dick Clark should really retire from any hosting gigs because the man can barely formulate a sentence. How it's just another night for myself. How I even contemplated not going out and staying in to do laundry instead. Good thing I went out.

I was talked into going out. And our plan was a Happy Hour Drink ($3-5), Happy Hour Food ($3-5), then ordering a second Happy Hour Drink before 7pm so it's still the Happy Hour price. All done? Okay, we leave then, call it a night, because I don't like being those people. The people who've been at the bar since they got off work, it's working it's way to 2am, and you're surprised they haven't fallen off the barstool yet.

But....then 3 people showed up, one of whom I know.

These 3 guys are hopping every hour to celebrate other time zones' New Year. They started at 3:30pm. It was now past 7pm. Or maybe it was 8pm. But besides having a shot on the hour, every hour, they had their usual beverage also. Great combination.

Well that next hour that came around, I got presented with a shot to help ring in Sao Paulo's New Year. Really? Are we doing this? Oh, I'm going to hate my life. I gave up shots after I got a little rowdy at Mr. Wookie's birthday. And now it looks like this shot is giving me the evil eye. Well, the shot smells nice. And we (the whole bar) count down from 10, and I sip it. Yes, I sip the shot. Why? It was soooooo tasty. This would have been a deadly drink. But it was delicious. Okay, maybe shots are back in my repetoire.

But then another hour pasts and it's time to celebrate Rio's New Year. Really, another hour's past? More shots? Well, I get lined up with another shot to ring in their New Year. Another countdown had, and I put this shot away. Complete with slamming the glass down on the bar. Yes, the Ging is bringing it back to the college days. BITCH, WHAT UP? Okay, not really, like I'd verbally assault our favorite bartenders. I'd be killing the bar. But still, starting to revert. I'm kinda proud at that moment, but then still wondering whether I'll be able to function tomorrow.

But as you can tell, I'm here, alive, Cheerios in belly, only 5 or so fell on the floor.

Somewhere past 11am, the 3 guys decided to leave for another bar, to ring in some other New Years. I decided it was time to mosey home since I had big plans for tomorrow (clean a little, 3 miles, pack a bag, head to Mommy McD's). I crawl into bed maybe 10 minutes before Midnight. Baby Sister texts me, "OMg, It's almost New Years, are you shit-faced?" No, Baby Sister, I'm in bed, having called it a night, and I'm texting Mr. Wookie about how his fishing trip went. Yes, a lackluster evening. I literally fell asleep at Midnight. But then again, the bright side, I stayed out much later than I intended/thought I would. I'd say points. And no need for Advil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS