Friday, May 4

Friday Fill-In and a Work Potluck

You guessed it, today I have a work potluck. I signed up for...a fruit tray! I know, I know, how terribly boring. But seriously...you know how tiring it is to see dessert, after dessert, as opposed to fiber, nutrition, and taste. VERY TIRING!!! So I'm bringing healthy eating back...a little. In the form of natural sugars skewed on skewers. Because as the new girl, I'm making things tre chic.


But let's get to some answers, and clear the cobwebs that have occurred since my last Friday Fill-In. Sorry folks, my Fridays have been a lot of solo drinking, dog snuggling, and hammock time while Sweet Pea lounges in the shade on the concrete like a junkyard dog.


1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?


Umm, how about this week...one thing I would have changed this week. How about my behavior yesterday morning. I woke up on the WRONG side of the bed. Mix that with Mr. Wookie cuddling up next to me saying mornings where PT is cancelled is the best because he gets an extra 20 minutes to curl up next to me. You think, "Aww, how sweet!" right? Or...you freak out, shriek that he woke you up before your alarm, now you're losing out on sleep, are obviously a little hormonal thanks to the time of the month, and just an overall monster despite the fact he was on the boat less than a week prior. Welcome home, babe, welcome home.


I've profusely apologized (I was a bit of a bitch yesterday), and offered him extended cocktail refill services. He in turn told me I reminded him of Hannibal Lecter. I chewed on him with a side of fava beans apparently.

2. What was your favorite thing that happened in April?
April was pretty boring, minus VEGAS with the family. Oh yeah...YOU NEED PROOF OF THAT DON'T YOU!? Let me just get tech support out here so I can blog from somewhere that's not Mr. Wookie's Global Domination Station (his chair is uncomfortable, it's not a laptop - because beggars can totally be choosers, right?).
3. What are your plans for Memorial Day?
I might be watching Mr. Wookie work that day. Or I might be part of a 'skeleton crew' making time and a half while playing Solitaire at work. Either or, not a bad day. :)
4. Have you ever traveled Space A? If yes, where… if no, would you ever try it?
Nope. Never Space A, never standby (wink, Accidental Olympian), and never Southwest (please! I'll pay more for my seat to ensure I'm in front of the wing [prevents motion sickness], have a window seat, and board before Grandma and her stoma).
5. What are you looking forward to in May?
It's been called "Maycation" by Uncle Sam for a reason, because afterwards is the shit. Months gone. Few weeks here. Then deployment, which contains...you guessed it...more months gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS