Sunday, May 13

Happy Mother's Day

I was first in "the queue" this morning as I was up and at 'em to call my mom and wish her a Happy Mother's Day from cloudy Southern California. While Mother's Day isn't one where I normally feel the need to book airline tickets (unlike my birthday and Christmas when we can), so usually a phone call is routine. Oh, and let's not forget a little gifting ...which will be there whenever because our genes are never known for being on time. :)


I feel she did leave out a few points though.

When you teach your eldest daughter to be staunchly independent - this'll backfire on you. She'll see the world,  move in with her boyfriend, and contribute 12% to her retirement fund, instead of marrying rich, having gobs of children, and keeping the perfect house. But hey, Mom, there's still time to marry rich. I'm in SoCal - there's plenty of money here!

Another memory is...

Growing up in a house when the Sheriff can be gone for multiple nights on business, there's nothing like the smell of breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, bacon and eggs, waffles, etc.,...this is something I continue to do myself when Mr. Wookie has night flights, TADs, or detachments. And now thanks to Pinterest, pancakes can come in so many shapes and styles now.....

And...

Just because you're a mom, doesn't mean you need "mom jeans." Phew.

How does someone keep their sanity with 4 kids?? Seriously...??? I have no idea.

1 comment:

  1. You may have beaten me in the phone call, but I got first place for blog posts. BOO-YAH.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS