Friday, June 17

It's Friday Fill-In and we're halfway thru June.

Want to know how to annoy me? Have me place my stout on the floor next to my feet, have the urge to pee, jump up, smack stout...spill stout everywhere.


Wah wah wah.


But enough about my Trail of Spilled-Beer Tears, let's get to those questions!


Or I could rant to you about my 90-minute massage yesterday. Apparently I have a slight curvature in my lower back spine, my left shoulder is higher than my right, and my right arm curves inward. But hot-damn my legs look good and have minimal issues thanks to utilizing them on crazy runs and races. I'm taking the back tension/shoulder misalignment that it's time for new sports bra. Oh darn, time to go shopping!


1.) Underwear Parties, how old is too old? It's come to reading some answers, people DON'T KNOW what an Underwear Party is (WHAT?!). Okay, it's a party where you just wear your underwear (that's the theme - you can wear a country Long John, you can wear skimpy, you can wear whatever). But that's it. You have to be in your underwear. You can't be modest or shy, you just have to go with it. Do we get it?
So this is my question....and while I haven't been to an underwear party since college (in which...well...it involved running around outside, away from the actual party...in our underwear....yes, the beverages were very strong that night). I'm just curious if they as a theme have ever made an appearance since college for others?


I'm always for themed parties, and being in your underroos is definitely a way to theme it up and make people feel awkward for the first beverage.


2.) What was your favorite class in high school?
Oh...that would be being an Aid for Mr. Dixon's Freshman Health Class. a.) I took attendance, that was about the most pivotal part of that class. b.) It was the class where all the immature 15-year-olds saw the STD slideshows and the vaginal birth video. I remember seeing the girls shocked when I was asked by the teacher, "Just to show them how comfortable you are, how much have you gained since freshman year?"  I said I had gained 10 lbs during my time in high school (omg, ten pounds, that's so much! What a whale!) - never mind gaining like 3 inches of height. Those girls were the ones that survived off Diet Coke and 3 saltines...a day.


3.) Have you ever convinced packers/movers to pack something they aren't supposed to for a PCS?
No - not yet! [We DiTY'd to California.] I can't wait to see people's answers though!


4.) Blogging plays a growing roll in the media. If you were asked to embed as a blogger with a deployed military unit, would you go? What do you think your blog would be like?
If someone wants me to cover their military unit, they might need therapy. But let's pretend people find me fascinating, covet my degree as much as I do, and will talk me through an alcohol-free deployment (gulp). Maybe... While I've been in the man's working world on a wildland firecrew in college (like where you hike up and down mountains putting out fires), it's a different.


My hesitation would lie in would it be worth it for everyone? I'm not classically trained in military survival, political science, behavioral therapy, or any other hard science. I have an English degree and a curiosity for Scotch. My best approach would be treating deployment like detox. And who really wants to read about that?


So while it'd be interesting to say you've deployed with a unit/team/squadron/paper pusher, I just don't know if it'd be my cup of tea really. Besides...someone needs to stay home with the dog and watch the vodka supply. ;)


5.) Do you think kids should attend year-round school?
No. I understand the greatness to Summer Break as a child and wouldn't want to take that away from other kids. There were bike rides, family trips, softball games, birthday parties, backyard camping, "Moon tanning" (I was gullible as a child), tree swings...it was awesome. I might have to reenact those when I get back to Oregon this summer. :)

3 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad there are at least two of us who ran around in their panties, in public at one point in our lives! haha I completely agree with you on summers. I'm actually surprised at how many people would rather schools be year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for clarifying about the underwear parties Mrs. W! I was thinking they were those direct marketing parties where they sell lingerie and adult toys...like this: http://www.passionparties.com/

    I am a year-round school advocate, I've come to learn that all my kids' friends (and therefore my own kids) are pretty much booked in school-like activities during the summers, so why not? Kids don't get to run around freely as much as they used to...child protective services is always watching us it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey following from MilSpouse Friday Fill-In. I must really have lived a sheltered life in Utah cause I had never heard of an Underwear Party before, although I'd be interested to hear the stories that come with such parties. ;) I also couldn't put my kids in year round school, summer is summer I want my kids to play and have fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS