Monday, July 23

I better prepare for a homecoming. Eventually.

Mr. Wookie. Your birthday is in a few days. And like a good girlfriend, I haven't done anything - because I don't have to. I still have weeks until you're home, so why have gifts lounging around collecting dust? Like I said, we have weeks until you're home...so I'll just put off purchasing anything until we're down to the final countdown.


But seriously, what do you want?


I probably know how you'll come home though. Boat time is special for everyone. The food isn't that great. The guys are busy with multiple flights per day or no-fly days, so it's workworkwork or "Hey, let's go to the gym." So those bigger biceps you're coming home with...I don't mind at all. In fact, I was discussing things I miss the most with you not being here. Yes, dinner company is usually my number #1 request. But I've found a rhythm that I never thought would find this home. I'm doing just fine in the dinner category - so much I made salmon, quinoa, and green beans last night. Who would have thought? A "Fancy Pants" dinner without the boy even being remotely near land. But that does mean I have to step my game up for when he's home. I've been hiding this "I can kinda cook" fact for far too long.


But you're probably wondering what that number #1 thing is since I left the last paragraph without mentioning it. This girl just needs a big hug. You know, those big bear hugs that rival rib-breaking compression? Yup. I need that. But I have weeks to wait until I can get one, so until then I'm going to find a homeless person with a sign that says, "Free hugs."


Seriously - Mr. Wookie - what do you want? Lifetime subscription to Playboy? New videogame? Weekend trip to Canada, eh? A new vehicle? (Please note I'm joking with all these.)

2 comments:

  1. I never know what to get my husband either! I usually just let him pick it out. Good luck with figuring out the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, while waiting for him to return, aren't you glad you get to random email/text a weirdo like me?

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS