Friday, March 6

Breaking Out...

What started as a text from my dad, "hey, can u call me?"...

Morphed into gall bladder removal surgery Wednesday morning...

Which will hopefully end in being Discharged this afternoon.  Yay.


Okay...how to make this as short as possible...


So my mom was admitted to the hospital (or horse-pistol as we call it) last Thursday, doctor's orders.  After some intense stomach pains and a round of tests, the doctor thought it best for her to check in so they could assess things further.  Back story: Back in 1981, or so, my mom's large intestine blew.  She got really sick.  Spent months in the horse-pistol.  One bitch of a visit.  

Anyways, the docs combined what was left of her large with her small intestine since that was the best that they could do.  Well apparently this suture site (connection thingy) shrunk down to 7mm in diameter (or something incredibly small that's not worth functioning - which they stretched back out).  This is the monkey that threw the wrench into this visit.

Well while in there, they found some gallstones.  No biggie.  However they didn't like the way the GB was looking.  Or acting.  Or MRI-ing.  Whatever you want to call it.  So they debated...to take, or not to take?  That is the question.

So with contemplative efforts with my mom, dad, and the doctors (including one who ran into the door the morning he was introducing himself to my mom - "Good morning, I'm DR. Blah-De-Blah, and I just ran into your door"), the verdict was to take it.  The consensus was a worried one for they felt if they left it in, and we're in the middle of our cruise when something was to happen, a Mexican hospital is the last place you'd want to be.

I called her yesterday, but she was so doped up it was funny.

My dad has a quick fire to do in Cave Junction, but he's hoping to get back in time to pick her 'drugged, 4-bullet-holed-stomach, probably lost 10 lbs' self from the hospital.

But not all is lost with her being in the hospital and me currently residing 2,400 miles away.  She said she's had a couple of cute male nurses, which always makes a hospital stay more worth while.  No one wants Gollum giving you your IV.  Sucky part for her was the tube up her nose then down her throat.  And the liquid diet she was on.  I asked if they were jello shots.  Unfortunately not.

My plan once I'm back in Medford (I leave Sunday) and she feels better: a pedi for her, mani for me (I just got mine down.  Thanks Best Friend Mark haha!).  "Perfect Nail, may I help you?"

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS