Sunday, March 29

The Week in Review...

Some of the headlines I missed while playing on a boat:
  • Cops killed in California - how sad.
  • Crazy flooding in Minnesota (or somewhere up there)
  • Jackson County (Oregon) unemployment rate nearing 13% (Translation: 14,000 without work)
  • Jade Goody dies (a Perez note)
  • Lance Armstrong falls off a bike (isn't he supposed to be a professional?)
  • Matt Lauer does too (okay, this one I'll let slide)
  • More teams leave the NCAA tourney
  • Oregon State stays in the CBI

My turn: Some of the headlines you missed...

  • Trac & Hay enjoyed pina coladas and Tequila sunrises (ick)
  • Dad & I enjoyed rum 'n cokes (50/50 in equation)
  • Everyone sustained a good sunburn, but me :)
  • Met one lady who had just gotten engaged that day, proceeded to drink her celebration, and insta-friend everyone in the bathroom
  • After eating 4-course dinners, we've all gained some weight (boo)
  • I killed 2 books while underway (The Zombie Survival Handbook by Max Brooks, You Can Run, But You Can't Hide by Duane "Dog" Chapman)
  • We ate at an undisclosed burger chain where they cut their own fries on site and their patties are never frozen. Twice.
  • Dad hired a carpet cleaning company to do the house while we were gone, woops...we forgot to tell mom.
  • I surprisingly didn't miss Jim...or Pam.
  • I did miss wook.
  • It took me 35 pages to get caught up on Perez.
  • Dad & I killed a bottle of Sailor Jerry's in less than a week (hey people, it's not like we're wook & Andy - some credit, please)
  • While there weren't any injuries, Trac did have a run-in with a Shuffleboard disc.
  • Running on a treadmill...on a boat...isn't as easy as I thought.
  • Our family put a serious dent into the Shirley Temple supplies.
  • Let's not get started on Cabo (future post on that).
  • Going up more than 5 flights of stairs about killed the group.
  • I'm watching The Office right now, Michael Scott kills me.
  • The only sunburn I got was on my left hand from holding my book (photographic evidence to come).
  • The family only dropped Dramamine once - the last day.
  • Do you know Michael Scott's suits are from Sears? (Sorry, sidetrack)
  • My mom refrained from The Helmet the whole week away.
  • It cost $.50 a text at sea. Sorry, I don't like you guys that much.
  • I rewore a couple of my outfits to dinner - like I'll see any of these people again.

I'm sure there are things I've missed - but that's why this is a blog. Keep you knickers on, people.

1 comment:

  1. Comments and Questions:
    Zombie survival handbook?
    Carpet cleaning and not telling Mom, was it a surprise?
    We are all caught up on The Office and actually watched an episode before you!
    Chris is still in Cabo, we are a little confused by that since it is Sunday, any insight (via Dane obviously)?
    The Helmet?
    When is the next excursion north?

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS