Thursday, October 20
Dear blog, sorry for the neglect. I still loves you.
In honor of the text dumps I've seen in the blogosphere lately, it's time for mine.
- Mr. Wookie survived his Kangaroo Court...to which he spent the night with the Junior Officers camping out on the beach. His perfect timing home was just as I was taking bacon out of the oven (yes, I cook bacon in the oven). So I had to share half my porkly squandor. ...wahwah...
- We are closing in on the weekend my parents will be visiting! Eeek!!
- The weather here has been beautifully Oregonian, with today being completely cloudy with the touch of sprinkling. Almost perfect.
- I still watch Extreme Couponing...and constantly yell at the television. I don't know why I watch. It's addicting. But I can't stop hoping people hear me - just because you have coupons for candy bars, doesn't mean you need them...
- I have less than 4 weeks until my Malibu half marathon. Am I ready? Heck no. Will I still run? Heck yes.
- I hope to see at least the backside of a celebrity as they PR.
- Oh, Mr. Wookie left again Tuesday. Yup, we're in the throws of pre-deployment training. I feel so green behind the ears that I'm not fearing anything about this process. Yes, he's not here more times than not. But we're so weird in our relationship that we can handle weeks apart and zero communication that being separated isn't that big of a deal.
- So to answer the question, yes, Sweet Pea has been joining me during my unconscious episodes (and I intend for this to mean sleep, but then I realized that people will probably read that I drink myself into a stupor...which is not the case, at all. Promise. We always know when to call it a night. And that's before tequila is mentioned...).