Friday, August 3

Happy August y'all -- let's welcome Mr. Wookie....sometime this month.

In continuing the trend of Glamour's "30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30", let's see how my answers stack up for the next 5 questions of this Q&A.


By 30, you should know ...
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
Indeed.
2. How you feel about having kids.
Good thing I have a few years for this one too. On one side, kids are annoying. They whine, they break things, they suck your funds, they kill vacation plans, and put a damper on DINKdom. But kids are cool when they're 6 and playing t-ball - or if they're little ballerinas - or they get to ride on a firetruck in a parade - or you teach them how to play backyard baseball. Or they're eventually Olympians.


Everyone can dream, right?
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
I'm getting bored already with the questions.
I've definitely quit my fair share of jobs. Not making any money? I QUIT! Moving across country with a boy? I QUIT! You lied when you hired me? I REALLY FREAKIN' QUIT!
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
There's a fine line with that - and with it all I think it's a 'gut instinct.'

With jobs, I've always felt it was "stay or go" within a month's time. No longer are 'break-in periods' months-long. After a week, you can tell the type of people your company hires. Do you wanna stay or go?

Have I ever left a job without notice? Yup. Don't be a douchey employer. It's that simple.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
Practice makes perfect, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS