Sunday, August 19

There's still more to cover! Back to "Glamour's 30 Things before 30" #1-5

In continuing the trend of Glamour's "30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30", let's see how my answers stack up for the next 5 questions of this Q&A.

By 30, you should know ...
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
Yes, although I think the concept of love is ever-evolving (how existential, Mrs. Wookie!). The way I loved Mr. Wookie when we first me was something of bubbles and kitten whiskers, where as with each year together it continues to morph into a more soul-invasive love. And with that, I still make sure I know myself.
2. How you feel about having kids.
I turn 29 in October - which means, I have then one year to contemplate the existence of potential offspring. I'm torn though. I do feel the need to pass along the Ginger locks to the next generation. But then my inner feminist glares at the thought of being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, having given up financial freedom and a narrow waist for a child that will forever change the landscape of weekends, home decor, and my boobs.
And yes, we've been told to produce grandchildren. I'm curious what the starting offer is though.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
I've happily (I want more money!) and unhappily (We're PCSing to California!) left jobs which has taught me lessons in personal standards, the shitty job market in California, left the ol' bank account dusty, and determined to find quality, resume-worthy work.


Though sadly, this is way more common than my breaking up with men. My last break-up was via text. From him. How awesome, right? Oh well, he still lives in his hometown, was a car salesman (please, don't judge), and didn't have any ambition.

I'll take Mr. Wookie for $5,000, Alex.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
I have two rules of thought.
If you can't find the answer via Google, you're screwed.
And if it can't be solved with a $5 bottle of wine, some tears, and a hug, you're screwed.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
Practice makes perfect, right?

1 comment:

  1. I totally get #2. My mom wants grandkids, and for some reason, the dog and cat don't count ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS