Wednesday, February 11

Viva Virginia...

Here. Arrived. Seemingly fully recovered on sleep. Or so my body is making my brain believe.

Yes, let's talk about my flights though. Because apparently I'm racking up the delays which are quickly moving me up the line for sainthood. Medford to Frisco. Puddle jump. Short flight. No issues. Minus that rough landing where the pilot practically threw the plane down. Whatever. We arrived. No big deal.

Killer part. So I was sitting down on the half wall-half window part of the terminal where you could watch planes come in and out...and there he was, this guy, totally flirting with me. Talking to me. Giving me looks. Asking if I wanted to color with him. Ya, he was 4. And adorable.

But back to my flights. In Frisco, we backed out of our gate on time. Oh, but let's be slated to take off from the furthest runway known to man. So after it took us 45 minutes of skipping over runways that had inbounds, we got moving. Thankfully that pilot made up for lost time in the air and I got in with 45 minutes of my hour layover left. All good.

And finally. The grand pooba of delays. Okay, maybe not as bad as it was in Denver over the holidays. While trying to combat the severe heatwave in Charlotte (71 degrees), I was roasting in the plane which was having difficulty getting air. I don't get it either. Wook said something about air in the auxilliary something-or-other. I don't know. That's plane-speak. Not my cup of tea....or coffee. But ya, let's sit there for another 20 minutes while our plane gets fixed. Oh please, let's. So after a 45 minute delay we were up.

So I did get into Norfolk later than expected. About 15-20 minutes past arrival. Not my fault. Just like to clarify my perfection. :)

We had a huge beer at this place called the Tap House. Like german style. Glass the size of your arm. It was okay. Not bad. A tame dark. Something along the name of Verniticus. And some pesto pizza (wook's choice...he's going all hippy on me). It was okay. Minus the tomatoes. And the chicken wasn't bad either. Very fresh.

Okay, well I'd like to get moving around here so more. Wook's still in bed. Seriously, who just jumped 3 time zones? That's right, me. I'm up. Been up since 7:45am or so. Had to get the bag of Cheerio feed and fill my trough. Not bad milk either. So far, so good.

2 comments:

  1. ok. so we're going to have to figure something out very very very very soon. Cuz if you're here for a month, and i don't get to see you at all, i'll bust. seriously. Now, go wake up that boy and remember "virginia is for lovers".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tap House rocks. It is perhaps the only place in the Southern Virginia area that isn't lame. However, if you stray north towards Newport News I can recommend the greatest barbeque in the area.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS