Wednesday, February 25

Good thing I'm not actually Catholic...

I can't think of a darn thing that I would give up if I were to partake in the Lent festitivities.

Because of financial decisions made after college, and now with the psuedo-recent lacking of a job, I've cut back considerably on my vices/comforts/desires.  I no longer buy shoes on a whim unless there's an underlying need for them.  The last batch of shoes I bought were taken back because I realized I didn't actually need them.  Sad?  Yes.  For someone who once had like 75+ pairs of shoes in college, I believe I now hover around the 20 mark.  And I believe that includes the lesbian pairs, such as my beloved Chacos, hiking boots, etc.

I've kicked my "tall chai, extra hot, no foam" habit in the butt.  I'll have one every blue moon, but not to the variety I had in college.  I gave up drive-thru coffee after moving back to Medford because it was an easy way to save money.  And saving money was a good way to start my IRA and stash away cash to visit wook.

As of Christmas, I quit my fabulous nail appointments.  While I adored getting my nails done every 3 weeks, I wasn't willing to shell out the money with the lacking of a job on the horizon.  And yes, the nails did look awful while there were in the awkward grow-out phase.  Thankfully now, though, they've come along way and are doing quite well.

What other vices are there?

Well there's alcohol...and that's staying.  I mean, the beer quality isn't as spectacular as it is back home, so I usually settle for a vodka tonic with lemon.  And sometimes you just need a little liquid relaxation.

I've thought about going veg-head, but thankfully I met up with a naturalistic nutritionist at my hippie library who told me that because of my Northern European ancestry I'm really not made to go veg-head.  "Thank you."  Because I love steak.  Mmmm, steak.  And make it a New York.  Less fat. :)

I don't smoke, so that's out.

I do get my brows waxed, but that's a necessity.  Not a vice. :)

I don't gamble.

What if I don't collect anymore books for Lent?  Books are my absolute weakness.  I'll bring home 10 books from the Exchange even though I have plenty of books that haven't even been christened themselves yet.  Yes.  That'll be it.  I have to stick with what I've got.

Cheap?  Yes.  Both in creation and financially.  But you know what, I don't care.  Muahha.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS