Monday, February 23

Weekend Overload...

What does a girl do who's invaded in on her boyfriend's dwelling after he's only been in the place for 2 weeks?

Completely move the boy in.

Wook's been 97% moved in since before and after SERE, but there were a few lingering boxes, bags, and duffels that were filled with stuff.

"Hey, what's in this?"

"I don't know, baby, I'll unpack them later."

Well I was on the motivation to not do anything job hunting.  I figure during the week, that'll be my project.  But weekends are a different story.  So I tackled the job of rifling through the heavy boxes in the closets, pinched one fingernail, discovered a whole array of clothing that wook hadn't seen in 3 years, found a sweatshirt of mine I thought got stolen at a party years ago, put together 3 loads of recycling, and have set aside books for a Book Exchange I found nearby.

I'd say pretty successful.

I've even orchestrated a box to go to some charity that hopefully I'll come across soon.  Some old clothes that haven't fit wook in years (from the high school era, people).  A couple shirts of mine that I don't want anymore.  Things like that.

I'd like to think that the closets are looking much better.  Obviously wook has to store his Box of Death (microwave) since his place comes with one, camping equipment, uniforms, etc.  But now I'd like to think that everything has a much better arrangement.  I'm still not done with the bookshelves, but that's a continuing project.  I have to feel the way the books look.  Call me crazy, I know.  But I did graduate with a BA in English.  You guys should have known.

Oh ya, let's get started with wook's "filing cabinet."  It's the bottom drawer of his desk that's completely littered with crap.  From nav charts, to CDs, to bank statements, to birthday cards, to power bills, to batteries, to I swear I found the grave of Jimmy Hoffa.  Thankfully I have the cajones to sort through all that crap and make wook's life somewhat easier.  I think half of the recycling load is old nav stuff that wook won't need any longer since he's conquered the transition to E-2.

And why did I want to stay in all day on Sunday subjecting myself to this stuff?

Because it was cold outside.  When it's cold, Ashley stays in.  Plain and simple.

Wook and I did mosey out to VB to meet up with McMorries and do some sushi.  Oh wait, nope...that restaurant was closed.  Ugh.  Okay, fine...I get outruled by Mc and Wook with PF Chang's.  Why don't I like PF Chang's?  Lo mein with pork is 1300 calories.  For one meal.  One flippin' meal.  That's why.

Any restaurant with the ugliness like that, i.e. Olive Garden breadsticks are 210 calories each!, I usually steer clear of.  One exception: one petite Bonsai burger, no tomato, ranch with my fries, please.  And that's the only exception.

So after that belly-busting experience, where do we go?  Costco.  

Why?  "Because we're Americans." - wook

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS