Monday, August 31

Vacation Request: Approved!

It's official, bitches, this blogger is hitting the West Coast in less than a month!!

I put in my vacation request in this morning. It was confirmed 10 minutes later. I started prepping for leaving my station for those 3 days (having it covered by my team). It should be grand. My first trip back in over 100 days of being on this coast. And people are coming out of the woodwork to meet and greet me. I'm missed, what can I say.

The plan: Fly into PDX and take either the Max or have Baby Sister pick my ass up. Next, hit up McMenny's for beer and burgers. Then skip class both Thursday and Friday, make way down to Corvallis. Enjoying more McMenny's beer with newly-21'd Middle Sister, while Baby Sister looks on with anticipation towards March '11. Hit up Local Boys (hawaiian food) and Shogun Bowl (ajian food!). Maybe purchase some more Beaver Gear (can you ever have too much?). Enjoy a cinnamon roll at New Morning Bakery with Katie. Have Baby Sister make jello shots for tailgating. Reminisce about college. Repeat how I'm glad I'm no longer in school. Deflect any talk about wook & I in regards to white dresses, aisles, and DeBeers campaigns.

It should be a super great weekend. As long as I can get some great beer and good food, this blogger is happy. Okay, so the great beer is enough to make me happy.

I think this calls for a toast. A New Belgium classic, maybe. Even though I totally went to Happy Hour at Snappers and had a Vodka Tonic. Don't judge. I'm allowed to celebrate. No matter how excessively. There's always ibuprofen by my bed.

2 comments:

  1. don't forget crashing at the new pad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that was not the post I wanted to read in the middle of this homesick wave I'm riding...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS