Saturday, April 17

It's the simple things in life I love.

Friday's schedule: Work.  Hair appointment.  Road trip.  Additional plans: Wash my car!!  Because pollen is a bitch in these neck of the woods and can completely coat buildings/cars/bums sleeping in parks unless tackled.

Smurfette was in serious need of a bath.

One happy Ging.




Because you really did need to see all facets of the car wash.


Work ended.  I bounded home at lightning speed, ready for my hair appointment and trek up to the Mommy McD household.  But in my travel between home and salon, I stumbled upon a slightly inebriated Mr. Wookie.


Who happened to purchase a pipe.


And cigars and pipe cleaners.




And pipe cleaner art commenced.




And then turned phallic.


But my night didn't turn out as planned.  My hair appointment was pushed back a half hour.  So I grabbed a drink with the boys.  Not. A. Good. Idea.  Ever gone to a hair appointment slightly buzzed?  I don't advise this.  Because trying to explain how you want your hair is not the easiest manner when all you want to do is put on some pajamas and curl up on the couch with a movie.  Good thing I had a picture of a haircut that I thought was cute.  Otherwise I may have walked out with a lesbian pixie cut.


So I made my way back to the bar to show off my new tresses...and was talked into another beverage.  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for a vodka tonic with lemon.  And I was at my watering hole.  On a Friday night.  It's second nature.  And so my 7:00pm take off was pushed back to 8:00pm.


But I made it.  Obviously.  Otherwise I wouldn't be blogging.  Unless there's blogging in the afterlife.


Maybe tomorrow I'll be inspired to share the story of going to Chuck E. Cheese's for a birthday party and thus swearing off procreating.  Because nothing makes you want to have your ovaries shrivel up more than a bunch of terrorizing children who are fighting with other kids to redeem their tickets.  Oi ve.  Good thing the McD offspring behave.  There is hope in the world.  That and they're adorable.  Which doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS