Thursday, March 3

vegan week: Day 5

Otherwise known as "Holy shit, this shit tastes good!"

This morning started out with one heapin' bowl of awesome.  The best thing about veganism, is that my breakfast doesn't have to change.  Yes, I can't eat Honey Nut Cheerios due to the honey.  Stupid bees.  But still, let me indulge you in this indulgence.  And you can also snicker at the nose of the resident canine.

Layer fresh strawberries.  About 4 big ass ones.  Throw a cup of honey-free flax flakes on top.  Dollop 2 heapin' tablespoons of hippie peanut butter (you know, the stuff you have to stir).  Then throw in one 6 ounce container of soy-gurt.  Mix and drool.  Then tease resident canine with delicious.

The kicker:  This meal kept me FULL for 5 hours.  Stuffed.

Lunch was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I was on the roll today and thankfully out of leftovers.  Good, my taste buds were bored of beans.

Dinner was good enough that Sweet Pea licked the coffee table hoping to taste the rainbow tofu.  Too bad Sweet Pea just eats dog food.

Take 4-ish tablespoons soy sauce.  1/4 cup maple syrup.  2 cloves of garlic.  And 2-ish tablespoons olive oil. Mix.  Soak yo' tofu for 10-ish minutes.  I say about the time it takes to mix a cocktail and indulge part of it.


Cook le tofu in le oven on 375 for 20 minutes, flip le tofu, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.  The smell was decadent.


Take 3 brussel sprouts and chop.  Then saute in olive oil for 5-ish minutes.


Voi-omgthisshitlookssogoodIcan'tstandtoeatit-la!

It was beyond good.  That is angel hair pasta beneath the brussel sprouts and tofu that was traditionally cooked then fried to crispify a bit.  I about died when I put it all together.  This was the first time this week that I was EXCITED to try this.  And it was superb.  I'd make this again.  And I have a piece of remaining tofu I may just have to use the rest of the marinade and have this for lunch tomorrow.

I only have 2 more days left on the vegan diet and I have mixed feelings.  I think I could handle a full month eating this way.  Now that I'm becoming much more comfortable, it's kinda exciting.  What can I create next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS