Friday, May 27

Friday Fill-In walks into a bar...spots Mrs. Wookie. Big shocker.

(In my theme of speaking like celebrities, how 'bout some Paula Deen action) Hey ya'll! Want to know how to raise your cholesterol, the circumference of your waist, and your weight? Butta' y'all!

I know, rude,...but I'm not caring today. Again, the coffee didn't include anti-bitch powder. Sorry.

Anyways, let's get on to the esteemed Friday Fill-In for the military wives, concubines, girlfriends, Stage 5 clingers, and long-time Awesome Mrs. Wookies of the world. Thanks Wife of a Sailor for your hosting skills - I know my social circle wouldn't have evolved in the explosion it has without you.


Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day?
Haha - I think the better question would be, "Do you, Mrs. Wookie, understand that Memorial Day is more than a 3-day weekend?" Ermm...it is? ;)

I get the notion of the day. But I don't hold it to a high regard. My love is better spent towards the 4th of July - where I celebrate all aspects to our awesome country.

If you ever have the chance to do the 4th of July in Washington, D.C., effin' do it! Recap my visit here.

What are your plans for the Memorial Day Weekend?
Mr. Wookie was thinking of hitting the trails this weekend for some hiking (Oregonian love!). I have a brow appointment Saturday morning, then a tailoring appointment after that for my Wedding Guest Dress (I say "wedding dress" and people JUMP to  conclusions...no, people).

What skill/talent do you wish you had?
I wish I could legit sing. Instead I sound like a cross between drunk Lindsay Lohan (I apparently love to reference her) and Peter Brady mid-voice change. It's not pretty. But that's why the shower is my perfect studio. St. Ive's peach scrub doesn't judge.

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
The egg. I eat breakfast to start the day. Breakfast includes eggs. Debate solved.

What is the best thing about your post (base)? The worst?
The best: Running Buddy! (Our base is super tiny and our squadron is super small - it's like the complete opposite of NAS Norfolk).

I never did tell you that Mr. Wookie was actually flying at the time it went down, scheduled to land a half hour later. Yeaaaa....that didn't happen - both runways were closed immediately. Instead they got diverted, flew over the crash, saw the smoke, and SWORE the crew were dead it looked that bad. Mr. Wookie landed safely elsewhere and spent the night away from Miss Sweet Pea and I. He's now the proud owner of a new pair of jeans and shirt (they had to purchase new clothes to go out since flight suits aren't public attire - thank you Diverted Locale's NEX for your hospitality!).

And I leave you with this...

My Brother just found out about the phenomenon known as 'planking.' Yes, yes, people die from doing it...people die in car crashes too...people die from drinking...people die from childbirth...people die from stupidity (more should though). Umm...Brother, this is awesome. I want to see more. How about I offer a weekly meme dedicated to you? Bonus points if you can get Little Man to plank too!

5 comments:

  1. Just spit coffee because of the planking thing. Please post more pictures. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha....that picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to show Mark the picture of Brother Ging planking. We were JUST talking about it.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS