Friday, September 10

Friday Fill-In #12

Guess who's totally ready for Friday's Fill-In???  This blogger!


I know my family gets tired of these, or at least my Brother does (he doesn't consider them real "posts"), but I love to see what the other milbloggers come up with.  So if you're new to the milblogging community (old-ass wife or newbie girlfriend), hop over to Wife of a Sailor and join in on the Friday fun.  Trust us, considering we do this every Friday!

1) Do you set goals for yourself during deployment?  What are some of them?

I'll be honest, we've never encountered a real deployment.  We're currently "militarily separated" as he's out playing in the water somewhere, for some time frame unknown, so if this is any hint at what deployments will be like...I'm going to be super bored.  But it doesn't help that I'm not at home, and I don't have crafting projects lined up, and I don't have a job yet.  So things better change by then!

2) What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal?

Welcome to the club!

Umm, yes, life will suck sometimes.  Yes, travel plans will be rearrange especially when Hometown, Oregon can't handle the fog like San Francisco can and you get delayed 2 days, thus cutting down your time together to 5 days before you have to come back to Oregon because of a job, because living together wasn't an option, because Florida and Mrs. Wookie aren't meant to be together.  I'm still bitter, can you tell??

And please, please, please don't lose your ability to handle liquor at a NAVY BALL.  This is not the time to charge towards the toilet because you're reliving your 20th birthday.  I don't like standing outside the stall, drink in hand, asking if you're dying, explaining to everyone outside that you're not in fact dying, and waiting for the taxi to come to take your ass away.  Again, still bitter.

3) If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place?

Ummm..."Hey, offspring, we're moving.  Get your shit together."

Oh, does this not work?  Well in the words of How I Met Your Mother, this is Future Lily's Mrs. Wookie's problem.

4) Name one hobby that gets your through alone time?

Currently, staining furniture.  And shopping for a dining room set.  I don't think I'm being a pain in the ass to want a rectangular, pub height table (42"), that seats 6, but that leafs down to 4 so I can relocate the other 2 barstools to my kitchen bar.  But apparently the Furniture Gods think I'm demanding.

5) What's the one food you don't ever get tired of?

Honey Nut Cheerios. :)  I've been eating these for breakfast for well over a decade.  I'll vary some mornings with oatmeal or cream-of-wheat, or maybe bacon and eggs.  But my go-to favorite for cholesterol-lowering deliciousness is with that cute, little bee.

8 comments:

  1. "Hey, offspring, we're moving. Get your shit together." Um, I love that line. I hope we have a kid soon so I can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I had such a HARD time finding my dream kitchen table. I was too demanding in wanting an Oak table with 2 pedestal legs, that had a leaf, could fit 4 to 8 people. lol Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love the answer to number three. (Is it just we, the unencumbered, that find that funny?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find my kid very rarely will get her shit together upon command, but damnit I wish she would. Also, you're a far better friend than I am... when someone is in a bathroom stall sounding like their vomiting up everything they've eaten for the last decade, I'm usually the one making snarky comments in regards to their "lightweight" status. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! I wanted a pub table too!

    And I looked, and I looked, and I looked, and then I threw my hands up and bought a very nice, but normal table that was like 400 off at World Market because FUCK it is hard to find a pub table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers...Honey Nut Cheerios are awesome...Have a great weekend. (c:

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Old ass wife" lol. I guess I'm one of those peeps?

    I love Honey Nut Cheerios now. But they didn't cut it back in the day. It was all about who had the coolest prize in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, pub height tables...
    This reminds me - it's time to recover my seats. Wish I could furniture shop with you.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS