Friday, September 24

Friday Fill-In (Times Two!)


Blessed be the man who just connected our internet here in Casa de Wookie.  Funk fest is over as I had a beer last night, have solved the shoe crisis, but still need to figure out the accessories for tonight.  But that's after I have my morning coffee.  Then maybe some laundry.


But let's get on that wagon of the Friday Fill-In.  So let's go!




What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Mrs. Wookie?

Back in college, I always thought I could stand to be apart.  Then after college, it was a baptism a la fire for being apart.  But now that I've learned to be apart, I was shocked when Mr. Wookie came home early last week.  I was kinda looking forward to my time alone.  And let's face it, who doesn't like to watch the dishes stack up in the kitchen without having to lift a finger. ;)

What is your favorite vacation spot and why?

Oooo, well there's Napa in 2006.  There was Disney World in 2007.  We did 4th of July in Washington, DC last year.  But none of those were technical "vacations."  We've done camping adventures in the Oregon mountains, along side creeks, where we had to back-pack everything in.

But my favorite, for both the food and the view, was a weekend away to coastal Oregon.  The town is Depoe Bay, not far from where Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston had a home.  The moon set over the Pacific ocean.  The reflection of the moon was just as intense on the water as the actual moon in the sky.

There was champagne and a deck that overlooked the water.  It was perfect.

If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post, what would you pick?

Ummm, I'm not really into fast food (minus the occasion Drunk Bus to Taco Bell on Halloween in 2008 [thanks Dad, by the way!]).  But if I had to choose one, it'd be Subway.  As long as they don't scrounge me on my veggie toppings.  Communists.

Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Not married = no honeymoon.  But I've always wanted to go to Fiji.

If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree, or experience, which job would you have and why?

Trust fund baby.  End of story.

But if I have to be honest, I'd be Sam Brown.  Travel the world, but without having to eat the nasty bugs that Anthony Bourdain does.  That'd be the life.




And last week, since I missed it...woops...


How do you spend your deployment money, do you save, pay off bills, or enjoy the extra money while it is there to buy the things you do not normally have?

We haven't done a deployment yet, so I don't have answers for this.  But with the money saved by not buying Charmin toilet paper, bourbon, and steak every week, I'd go with my penny-pinching method and stow it away.  Then maybe splurge on steak and red wine when he comes home.  Or a pedicure.  Depends on how hormonal I am that day.

If you could relive one occasion or moment, what would it be?

My first kiss with Mr. Wookie.  Butterflies, electricity...everything.

What's the worst job you ever had and if it was so bad why did you take it?

Define "worst."  Because in college, I worked as a wildland firefighter in between school years.  Have you ever trucked up and down a mountainside, with a heavy-ass backpack, a shovel, with the potential for death, for 16 or 18 hours a day, sometimes at night, all for an awesome paycheck?

Well...it sucked sometimes.  You're tired.   You're cranky.  You're extremely dirty.  There were times when my legs would be so soot-covered, that they wouldn't get clean for days.

But that paycheck was worth it.  $10,000+ for 3 months worth.  Not bad.

If you could play any character on TV, who would you be?


Need I say more?

If you could become the world's expert in something, what would it be?


Composting.  Green living.  Reducing your environmental demands.  And how to Vulcan Death Grip screaming babies.  That may be #1 though.

2 comments:

  1. LOL about Subway. You have to practically beg for enough lettuce to actually cover the bread. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS