Friday, October 8

Friday's Fun with Wife of a Sailor

My birthday week continues as I fill in Friday's questions about our life with the Navy.  So while I soak in the fact that I'm 27, let's proceed with the questions of the week.  Shall we...

1. What is the longest road trip you've ever taken?
Norfolk, Virginia to Pt. Mugu, California.

Torture.  I hate driving.  My tongue got mutilated by the copious amounts of sunflower seeds I was eating (I figured out, this was the cheapest and easiest way for me to stay awake).  And it ended with Friday afternoon LA traffic.  Joy.

2. Do you collect anything?
For each duty station, I collect a small jar of sand.  [Pensacola, FL and Norfolk, VA]

3. What is your favorite part about being an adult?
Taking vacations.  Growing up, you don't appreciate the travels your parents take you one. Roadtrips are torture.  And who really wants to see this Crater that turned into a Lake that's up in the middle of nowhere.

Now we love to go to Crater Lake each winter and snowshoe.  And travels with the family now are a blast.  As long as Middle Sister doesn't go and injure herself.  Or throw up too many times from Mexican Frosted Flakes (they weren't Greeattt!!).  Or we don't run out of liquor (that's never happened - so we're good).

4. What song brings a tear to your eye?
"Where I'm Going" -Brad Paisley

5. Describe your first plane ride (how old you were, where you were heading, etc.)
I think I was 12.  It was down to Disneyland (from Oregon).  And I hated it.  I didn't like flying till I was almost 20.  There's something about not seeing where you're going, trusting to strangers to get you there safely, and thinking a crash from 32,000 feet will hurt.  That and "air bumpiness" (turbulence) is enough to turn me green.

I've learned now that cocktails before flying are amazing, a bottle of Nyquil can put an elephant down, airplane yoga calms the senses,  and if the person next to me is an Arm Rest Bandit...I'll crop-dust them on the way to the bathroom (since I always sit on the window).  Don't mess with me. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL Nyquil is THE BEST! I don't even use the little measuring cup...I just chug it as I see fit :) I've never thought about taking it before flying though!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS