Wednesday, October 27

Where's the morning running Yoda when you want him?

I've never been a real fan of waking up early, layering up (and by that, in California, I mean a vest), then hitting the sidewalks for varying miles.  I wake up in: a heap of ugliness and eye boogers.  I crawl my way into the pantry where the beloved cereal is.  I scrounge that.  Then I suck down coffee like it has methodone in it.  Then I waste away the morning until I have to get ready for responsibility.

That's pretty much this morning in a nutshell.

I set my alarm for 7:00am...but was rudely woken up at 6:46am thanks to some telemarketer on Mr. Wookie's phone.  He was already up, and getting ready for the day, since he leaves at 7:20am to go to work.

Then I get the lovely task of cleaning the house, again, making myself another breakfast, again, throwing lunch together, again, snacking, again, then planning dinner, again.  Then making a cocktail.  Always.

I want to be one of those that gets up and runs in the morning.  The morning is great.  It's quieter.  It's cooler. It's less busy.  It's just the place to be.  But do I want to be sweating the morning away when I prefer to be soaking up my second cup of coffee while I blog stalk?

Are you a morning runner?  How do you do it?  Any secrets?

I've tried to leave my clothes all ready for me.  But I just don't have the motivation.  I may be forever an evening runner.  When my head is winding from the day, I can sort things out while running to the beach.  It's easier to run when I have clouds of thought in my little head.  In the morning, I just feel lazy and tired and want to make a beeline for home.  Because sweats and coffee are way more enjoyable than sweating it out when all I want is cereal in IV form.

Are you an evening runner?  Why?  Any secrets I don't know about?

5 comments:

  1. Running in the morning is awesome.

    For me it started with necessity. Now, the mornings that I don't wake up to run - my body wakes up and starts getting twitchy anyway.
    It becomes sort of a really healthy morning cup of coffee.

    It's a good time to plan out your day, wake up and feel like even if nothing else happens - you ran and did something good that day.

    Plus, who wants to flaunt their pheobe in front of more than bikini girl and lane frost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be an evening runner because that's when it was easiest. But I am a morning runner and it took and still does on some days to make myself get in my running clothes and go. I know it's early for the girls and there are mornings they hate me but it gets us all energized for the day. I just have to tell myself it will be worth it and then I know I will fit it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda still am not a morning runner - but generally, my workouts are done by noon because I don't any other choice. I get home from work too late. So, it's morning, or it's in my lunch hour. You get used to it. But I do need to fart around for at least 30 minutes. I can't just leap out of bed and do cardio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to be a morning runner but lord since I've moved up here, just getting up in the dark is agonizing! I mean, the sun doesn't come up until 9. It's horrible lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE to run in the morning. However, like you I find it just never really happens that way.
    When I do it I am so glad I did but most days the coffee pot and morning
    news/blog reading just seem so much more powerful!
    The only thing that stinks about running in the evening is that the races are ALWAYS in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS