Friday, December 31

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

We've got less than 4 hours now until we start writing our rent checks with the new year.

And I've got a headache.  And I haven't even started champagne-ing it yet.  So down with 2 ibuprofens, a boat ton of water, and Mr. Wookie at the bar making White Russians with some homemade kahlua.  Frozen pizza is in the oven.  Because who needs fancy dinner parties with black ties and cocktail dresses.  I've got my feet kicked up on the coffee table, shopping Crate and Barrel and Overstock for any necessary items I've missed off my Christmas list, and I'm still reading over my owner manual for the Nikon.

This year was a great one for Wookie & Co.

In 2010, we finished 365 days of living with each other.  And you know what?  It's kinda fun living with your best friend.  When the Navy allows, I get a dinner buddy, a Jeopardy buddy, and a snuggle buddy.  And when the Navy needs him, I get an empty condo that doesn't complain about breakfast for dinner, shoes on the coffee table, and not changing out of pajamas on the weekends.

In 2011, I'd like to learn to love California just a bit more.  We're still reminiscing about the great times in Virginia, and we'd like to create some memories while out West.  We dream about buying in the Ghent part of Norfolk, about expanding our family with furry animals, and settling roots professionally (for me, which is a good thing).  Despite the pitfalls to California, the economy, and the ass-raping for rent, we're motivated to love it here.  If not, there's always moving...in 3 years...thanks to the Navy.

In 2010, I failed to hit any sort of a running resolution as I was sidetracked by vacations, moves, and other needs.  But I ran a half marathon, so I look at that as an awesome accomplishment.  And at least I read 22.5 books this year (I'm halfway through The Last Christian)...although it also fell short of my 24 books on the year for a reading resolution.

I look at it that I read 22 books.  Isn't the national average like 6 books a year?  And yes, this may pale in comparison to other speed readers, but I'm a picky reader.  I'm not a fan of fiction (call it burn-out from a Bachelor's in English).  And I learned something from everything I picked up.  So I'm looking on the upside.

In 2011, I'd like to continue to read 20+ books a year as I think it's a way of enjoying my 'me time' away from Real Housewives, Teen Mom, and 16 & Pregnant.

The New Year will be a good one for us.  We'll wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS