Wednesday, January 28

Day ops...

Like other instances in which I secretly paint a room with a color choice of my own, it's done in the privacy of nightfall.

This time, it's a day op. Complete with Mike Rowe (my dad, he wears this Carhartt jacket on cold days when he's working...complete with Mike Rowe-style jeans. Thus the name. Anyways.).

My dad liked the color of my room so much (he even helped me pick it out the first time) that he wanted the downstairs room to be the same. Our theory: It's the man-cave. Thus the man should pick the color of his cave. Not my mom, however she thinks otherwise. You can tell we care by the fact that we asked her first. Oh wait. Nope.

So here's the taping off of the corner where my bathroom is. It's only a half bath, fyi. A full one would just make my day. But that question has been asked by the downstairs inhabitant for almost 20 years (we've been in the house for 19 years). The dark square on the right is Hopsack (which if you recall was my first choice. But I thought that color for a downstairs basement bedroom with only an East facing window was too dark. I still think it). So I settled for the larger patch on both walls, which is the Cream in my Coffee. The original color on the upper part of the corner was a buttery color which unfortunately didn't go with the carpet. Instead it made it look dirty. My mom thought to fix the problem by getting different carpet. Riiiight. Moving on...

One and a half gallons later, YAY! I took a breather inbetween both coats, made myself a PB&J sandwich and chatted at Sarah for a little bit. (Sorry I didn't talk more. Wanted to get this done cuz we still have the furniture to put back into place so my mom won't notice what went down today.)

You can kinda see it in the sunlight. Sorry but it's cloudy here. Next time I'll put a request into the Big Man Upstairs for better lighting when I'm trying to document my CIA operations.
The middle of the floor is strewn with purses I'm getting rid of, a basket of laundry, a box of purses I'm keeping, and the artwork from the walls.

My dad even wants to paint the downstairs bathroom while we're on a roll. Now there's a place I can be crazy and put up the Hopsack. Because how often do you spend time in the bathroom minus doing your hair, putting on a face, and making conference calls (if you get what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS