Sunday, January 4

Semper Gumby ("Always Flexible")...

So this morning after shoving my face with bacon, eggs, hashbrown, and toast, I checked my phone to get the following text.

"Hey baby. I have new news."

My first thought. Ugh. Really? What now? Are you getting designated a different aircraft? Could he be coming to California instead? Oooo....okay, I'll call him instead because I don't feel like waiting for the incoming text of information.

So while it wasn't anything that I jumped to conclude, it does seem to assist in the prevention of a frozen wookiee.

Wook's orders have been changed to include SERE school outside San Diego instead of heading to Maine like originally planned. My first thoughts were that a wookiee popsicle would be avoided. We both love San Diego, so how can one be disappointed in the change? Well apparently wook was geared up mentally to take on the New England winter. Plus, he was going to be that guy who toughed out SERE in Maine vs. the Diego-ers like everyone else. He had already begun to prepare for the resources he could have in a winter forest. Snow = water, etc. Now he'll have to figure his way out in the psuedo-desert that's outside S.D. where apparently the Seals train. Ugh. That has a girlfriend worried. Wook tried to reassure me that if he's hurt too badly, the injurer will be discharged. Okay, well they're still capable of kicking your @$$. Der.

So these new orders will allow wook an extra week in Virginia to nail down a place to live before he has to ship out on the 24th. That'll be nice. Wook's already feeling displaced as his room is empty, the turtles are in the bathtub, and his computer is on the kitchen table. Plus he'll be able to settle in more to the city as he gets an extra week of play. Whether this'll postpone my adventure, I don't know yet. But I'm not too worried about that. I'm coming out still. That's a definite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS