Monday, January 26

Destination: Corvallis...

What started out as a simple trek up North to see everyone still tied to Corvallis/Oregon State backfired as my dad acquired new cases to investigate. Cannon Beach turned into Portland, turned into Corvallis, turned into Roseburg. This is a common occurence and things continue to burn no matter where my Fajah is. So with contemplation, and the hope of getting Stacey to drive up instead (initially I opted to, but as you read...things change), the stars aligned to allow me to stay in Corvallis on Friday and have Stacey drive up. Score.

Friday night was supposed to be a psuedo-belated birthday dinner at McMenamin's for Dane, since he's the first one of his friends to turn the Dos-Uno. Well...Trac caught the Barfy from her babysitting kids. They're cute, which is the only reason that's okay. So ya...Dane spent the evening taking care of Tracy in her nauseousness napping phase mixed with actual vomiting and the subsequent clean-up. What a champ.

So McMenamin's was a bust. Well I mean I still had my Rubberhead. Deliciousness. It's still lacking without the boys there to fill in the big booth we had. Come on, the military? That's your excuse? ;) Whatever. But Collin still knew one of the waitresses. Points, Collin. Points.

Sidenote: I was able to indulge on Wookstock's the night before with my dad, Trac, her roomie Nicole, my cousin Kelsey, her boyfriend, and my Aunt Janice. Aunt Janie, my dad, and I shared a pitcher of Moose Drool, while we all enjoyed Taco, BBQ Chicken, and Pepperoni pizzas. Divine. I don't think there's better pizza around. But in true scientific fashion, I'm more than willing to try. Guess I haven't given up on being a science major.

Saturday was the time of the week as us girls (Katie, Stacey, and I) prepped for a little girls' night with Murna. It was a huge success. Huge. That's what she said. The kicker beyond after the other girls went home, we decided to try out the Family Guy Drinking Game. Stewie has a weapon, two drinks. Peter's stereotypical laugh, one drink. Oh, they're at the Drunken Clam, three drinks. And so on, and so on. One episode can get you drunk. I think we watched three. I could be wrong. I know there were at least two. And after that, Collin, Stacey and I decided to break into the hottub and enjoy the solitude of a dip at 3:30am. Well someone thought it necessary to close off the hottub for maintenance. Boo.

So instead, Collin, Stacey and I loaded up the bathtub with warm water and jumped in. Yes, we were still in swimsuits. I don't like them that much. It was like sardines in a can. But to say we've done it, check. So with the warming of the extremities in the bath after running around outside in a January Corvallis rain, I was ready for bed. No, not 15 minutes from now. Now. Pj's on...in bed...eyes shut. Unconsciousness.

And thanks to Collin for being a Rent-A-Boyfriend and playing Grand Theft Auto Friday night as I drifted off into a fabulous sleep. Much appreciated. The sound of gunfire is so soothing. No, I don't need therapy. I have it. It's Command & Conquer. :)

1 comment:

  1. i'm planning a vomit session for this evening. No bad stuff... just have thrown up on you in a while!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS