Thursday, January 29

Lady of Leisure...

What does a girl who still has 11 days to wait before she goes back East have to do?

Everything. :)

Last week wasn't necessarily a week off as I was the driver for my dad mobbin' around the state. And that weekend following driving my dad was a rowdy one with the Corvallis clan. So this week was mine to indulge.

Lately I've been waking up around 8am. Why? Because I can. :)

My goal is to continue to go through my storage unit and shrink down its contents. That and I need to dig out my passport for that family cruise that's going on for Spring Break. So far, I'm okay with relinquishing that old gold chair and ottoman that was the staple in my collegiate reading setting. I've begun to dive through my huge box of purses and declare which can go to other homes. I'm attempting to super organize my storage unit with boxes for each category. I have a "Beaver Gear" box, a "Camping" box full of all my lesbian gear, etc.

Usually with waking up around 8am, I shove my face with a heaping bowl of Cheerios, brew some coffee, go out for a walk/run if I'm feeling it, and dressing in multiple layers because it's still not warm in January here in Medford. So about noon is when I mosey out the door and head down to spend a couple hours delving, purging, organizing that darn barn of my life.

I know it's not the most productive manner in which to spend my day, but oh well. I enjoy lounging on my couch, watching Jon & Kate Plus 8, drinking my coffee, debating when I'll be able to negotiate down to a smaller storage unit. (I'm hoping before I head back East, but definitely before the cruise.) But I feel really productive when I'm able to load up my trunk with old possessions and deliver to a place where someone else will find them useful. Plus, good juju.

But first I think I'll have another bowl of Cheerios or a bagel with some cream cheese shmear. I'm feeling hungry again. And it's been over 3 hours since I've eaten. That's a long time without food. I'm one of those grazers. Gotta keep my fuel tank filled. I'm not like wook who can eat once a day. Along with drinking an entire pot of coffee. Somethings I'll just never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS