Monday, January 26

Touchdown San Diego...

In the time it took me to get ready, hang out some more, go get University Hero for lunch, and grab my charger which I left at Tracer's (while I stayed at C&K Futon & Breakfast, haha...love it, thanks again you two!), wook had landed in the sunny locale of Diego. Time zone, my own!

With zero success of reaching him the whole day, minus a few texts while Stacey and I drove home from Corvallis, I was finally able to have a real conversation with that boy since a few days past. 'Bout time. And he even pointed out that this was the first time we've been able to talk on the phone and be in the same time zone. Insane. Probably the last time that happened was Christmas 2007 when he came back to Washington State where his mom was stationed. And we know how that stressful trek happened. (If not, please comment and I'll detail.)

So as that poor lil wookie was still on East Coast time, I let him go to sleep around 9:30 (after all, I was in bed too. I love sleep. What can I say?). He had a big day today. Well, I guess I can't say it in past tense since his day is in the same time zone as mine. But ya. He reported to school this morning. Everything is hush hush as it's some blah blah security clearance. Whatever. I'll hear what I want when I see him next.

And ya, the military is so on-top of things that wook's ticket was bought Friday. To fly out Sunday. How he doesn't stress out about things like that, I'm jealous. I was frantic buying my ticket back East weeks ago. I hate wearing big girl panties. They suck. Where's my sugar daddy to do everything for me?

So wook will be in Diego till February 8th. Apparently they get a 2-day breather to decompress and debrief from their training. That means wook will only get a 2-day breather before his truly arrives. Around 7:30pm. That's the scheduled arrival. I'll believe that when I hit Norfolk International and de-plane.

I hope that I get to talk with him at least before they head out to the field for the near-week-long adventure of killing animals, eating grubs, being caught, tortured, and deprived of all forms of kindness. Ick. There's noooo way I could do that. I don't even like getting caught playing Hide And Go Seek.

I'll be a happy girl when I land in Virginia, with almost a month of...fun, excitement, reuniting, exploring, visiting, perusing, entertaining, eating, drinking, playing...overall being back with wook. Can't wait. But then again, I can. I still have another goal of shrinking the amount of my possessions in my storage unit. My theory: How little can I have and still maintain my happy self?

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS