Thursday, January 8

Viva Virginia...

So sometime around 6:00 EST, the great Wookious Maximus Generalisimo (who remembers that from Halloween??) arrived in the bustling city of Norfolk. Yay!

After not having reception out at his dad's in dang near the Smoky Mountains (let's just say scenarios ran through my head mostly involving a deer, a wrecked Jeep in a ravine, and a dead wookie), I finally got word that wook had made it back into cell range and was now in route to the VA. Phew. Not like I really knew something was wrong, but it was more in the fact that zero news equates Ashley to making up news. Ya, pretty much. If you don't tell me everything, oh, the brain connections will fly. (Why do you think it's so much fun to write fiction, lol?).

So after meeting up with his little Navy guy friend (who's been compared to his boyfriend [by me] and housewife [by Joe] since he's been doing some leg work in finding places), filled him on his recent findings. He attempted to make the drive from Base to Virginia Beach sometime around the morning or afternoon rush hour (I forget which one), and he only went 0.8 miles in an hour and a half. So that's a no on V.B. I hate the thought of wook having to commute. He gets irritated with traffic, let alone non-West Coast traffic. That stupid girl who cut us off in Nashville without even blinking because she was too busy playing with her weave and yacking on her phone didn't know what was coming.

With that said, wook's boyfriend decided to shell out the refined living expenses necessary for a one bedroom in Ghent. Close to everything. Super fabulous. Pretty much awesome. (And that description is totally from what wook was able to translate via a cell phone conversation with a girl, me, lol. I had to Google just to check things out for myself).

So I've been trying to figure out, just who is this housewife of wook's? And why does he have such good taste?

Three words: "He's from Berkeley."

Oh, well why didn't you tell me that sooner. That makes perfect sense.

So while wook originally planned for a 2 bedroom somewhere outside Ghent, he might now be looking for a 1 bedroom in Ghent. And while the rent may be higher than something he could find outside the area, I figure: you're only young once. Why not utilize your inner yuppy and play along with the psuedo world consciousness that goes along with people who wear glasses without even real prespriptions in them, who love scarfs for the concept (not that it covers their giraffe neck), and think drinking Cappaccinos really is experiencing France at it's finest?

And a side note: I'm so not loving the extra time zone wook is now over. We talk at 8:45 pm my time, and it's almost midnight there. Conversations can't be had when the poor wookie is yawning in my ear. I'm protesting. I don't know to who. But it's totally something a yuppy would do. :)

2 comments:

  1. You can protest to me. I always want to text you, but when I look at the clock its like four in the morning. I don't figure it would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pish, the drive from VB to Norfolk isn't bad. Adam did it with no problems. You need to come out and visit so I can see both of you! Keep us posted, sister.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS