Thursday, January 1

New Year's Resolution...

It's hard to put into perspective my thought on Resolutions. Do I think they work? Sometimes. Do I think some people put too much thought into them? Yes. Are they ever set in stone? No.

So why the purpose?

I know everyone likes to feel better about themselves. That's why there's Perez Hilton, going for runs, seeing movies, picking flowers, alcohol, etc. There's always something to entertain. I just can never get into a religious following of how I'll make myself a better person for the incoming year.

Case in point.

The people who say they're going to work out 5 days a week for 45 minutes cardio, 30 lifting, blah blah blah. Thankfully like last year that ended before January did. As much as I like seeing my gym swimming with bodies lifting, toning, shaping, there's only so much I can handle with the Tony Little and Richard Simmons mentalities. I go to yoga to decompress, not get distracted with people who can't even get the knack of breathing techniques. I don't want to hear you groan because you can't nail the Screaming Pigeon pose. No one gets it their first time. Or their first year even. While some may think it's a competition, which you totally can't beat me and my double-jointed hips, haha, it's just a way to get out of the house, turn off the lights, listen to some off-beat music, and get your sweat on. It's like a little piece of heaven. On a mat. Bare foot. Believing that just maybe you're on the coast of Bali listening to the waves crash on the shore. Namaste.

So for this new year I plan on being just a continually better person of myself.

A little bit nicer (I'm fighting the redhead a little with that one), a little bit easier on unavoidable changes (like being delayed 48 hours on my attempt to get back East), a little more focused on what I want out of life (instead of like a goldfish, "that's a nice castle, that's a nice castle, that's a nice castle"), more able to go out of my way for people, willing to take more risks for myself. Just be a better person.

Cheap resolution? Yes, in fact I don't have to really pay for anything extra.

So while it feels like just another day in the week, minus it's not the weekend and I'm not at work, it's a new slate on the year. New events. More birthdays. More anniversaries. More times to laugh and love everything around you and everything far from you. New calendars to use. :) Another year to try and make the best of everyday. Another year to just take it day by day.

I think I can use a mimosa now to ring in the new year. Cheers to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS