Tuesday, January 20

Haystack Rock...

Apparently I need to go back to Distance Determination 101. So as I previously posted that Haystack Rock was only 200 yards away, well I was greatly out of my mind. My dad estimates the rock to be about a mile and a half out our backdoor. Well I was close. Kinda. Closer than New York.

So as my dad had business to attend to, I decided to get off my duff and get out. I've been rather lazy in getting back into the athletic schedule I had before Christmas. So I would have felt guilty surfing online while my butt didn't get any narrower. (I'm still holding onto those 5 lbs. from Christmas after Grandmoose's cookies.) But first, a shot south as two puppies frolic (okay okay, full-grown dogs).

The infamous Rock and Needles rising out of the ocean. It took probably 45 minutes to walk to. Not that I was running there. I was strolling. Stopping. Taking pictures. People watching. Drooling over people with doggies runnin' amuck. Trying to not get my feet wet as water runned from the colverts draining into the ocean. Overall, great walk out.

"Jellyman, offspring...offspring, jellyman." Okay, well maybe not. But I thought this was cool. It was the only whole jellyfish (minus tentacles) that was beached. Plus, how can a girl not want to quote Finding Nemo?

A shot about a half hour until sundown. Plus all the footprints and pawprints strewn across the dampened sand. It was a good day to myself to just walk a few miles and take in the view.

On the northern side of the rocks with with the sun coming down between the bunch.

Can you tell I want a dog? Future Ashley. Settled with a yard and higher income Ashley.

I like how the sun is behind the rocks, highlighting the water pooling on the beach.

A cute little sign that I liked. And you can barely see the lighthouse in the distance. It's there.

Cliche sunset shot. [Insert some existential remark about the ocean's energy and desire to live here.]

About halfway in my walk. But it was sundown, so I decided to move Downtown. Unfortunately shopes close up at 5pm. Seriously? How do you sell things when you close when everyone else gets off work? Those things I'll never figure out.

2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures, especially the jellyfish one! Makes me miss Oregon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, Bob. I'm totally jonesing for some Newport action. Soon, very soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS