Friday, October 30

Blogosphere APB

Ugh. What a morning. I hate today already. And it's only 8:38am.

Oh let's start, shall we.

First, this morning was a tear-the-apt-apart because I can't find my phone. Story of my life. Where'd I see it last? Well, I was yacking at my dad while at Gator's (sports bar - not my first choice for last night - just wasn't in the mood), telling him that his choice of a Reuben for dinner was quite delicious. We finish beer #2 (Bud Select, alcohol content -47.6 carbs), then head home. Quite passive.

This morning...can't find my phone. I'm pissed. I always do this. I can never find anything of mine. Keys, cell phone, brain, wookie...I'm always losing things. Anyways, wook takes on the task of trying to find it while I'm getting ready for wook. (He has the day off, fyi).

So by the time I'm ready to leave for work, still no phone. I'm annoyed. I need it. What if something happens. And it's not like we have a landline to fall back on.

"Take my phone."

I don't want your phone. A.) It's not mine. B.) I don't know anyone's numbers. C.) It's an Apple product. D.) What will you have then?

So I take his damn phone. We're convinced it got left at the bar (we know the bartenders so it's not a complete loss), so wook will head there when they open. 4 hours from now. Groan.

I'm about a block from work when I get a call...from my phone. Huh??

"Your phone is freezing my ear."

I don't get it. I didn't leave it in a car, because a.) I'm driving my car right now, b.) I haven't been in wook's car in days. So I still don't get it.

"I reached into the fridge this morning to grab some Half 'n Half (for coffee) and there's this orange phone staring at me from atop your leftovers."

Wow. Really? Idiot Of The Day award. My phone spent a cold night in the fridge. My phone went through SERE. My phone spent a night about the Deadliest Catch boat, Mighty Reuben and Coleslaw Leftovers. So I still have wook's phone and am taking messages. Wook, you have a meeting at 11:30am. I'm apparently Joanie for the day. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS