Monday, October 5

In Honor Of Getting Older

Tomorrow marks another year of noticing wrinkles on my forehead. Of gradually making my way to the 3pm early-bird special. Of nodding off to sleep before 9pm. Of hitting the officially-over-25 mark. The downhill to 30. Happy 26th Birthday to me. Tomorrow. Less than 4 hours.

So for those who've nagged me about "what I want." Here's a starting place...
  1. A cute passport cover (because no cover isn't cute)
  2. Emily Post book (or other fashion books)
  3. Funny Girl (Barbra Streisand's award winning role!)
  4. Paint by number wall art (I don't know if it exists, but it sounds cool)
  5. Okay, any kind of cookbook (that's not British, lol)
  6. Cookbook stand/holder (Target, Ikea, Crate and Barrel, etc.)
  7. Gift card to Macy's for new bras! (It's that time of the year, people)
  8. Gift card for work clothes? - specifically Corporate Wear (Gap has tall buttondowns, Eddie Bauer has tall buttondowns, etc.)
  9. Another magazine subcription?? (I have Cooking Light...so Women's Health? InStyle?)
  10. Yoga sticky gloves (I slide, everytime)
  11. Hanes white wife beaters - mediums (they're my go-to workout tops - classy, I know!)
  12. Made In Oregon gear (only the best!)
  13. Or some stellar West Coast gear would be acceptable (cafepress.com?)
  14. Hypoallergenic earrings (because I don't like ear sludge)
  15. Speed-dry nail polish - both work and fun colors (because I'm 12 and only have 5 bottles)
I know it's an awful starting place, but when you turn 26...you don't really need much. Now "want" is a different story. Here puppy, puppy, puppy...

And in the ideal world I'd get Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast in bed, after sleeping in until past 9:00am. But in this lifetime, wook gets a 5:30am wake up call to be on base at 7:00am. So much for Happy Birthday Ging! At least I get to sleep into tomorrow. Unlike today. 5:30am was too early.

Happy Birthday me. The downhill-to-30-at-26 me. The it's-totally-okay-to-start-lying-about-my-age me. The it's-my-birthday-so-treat-me-like-a-princess me. No really. Prin-cess. Crown. Saber. Pageant wave. The works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS