Monday, October 26

What I Want Out Of Today?

Well for starters, more sleep. There's only so much snooze-hitting you can do in the morning and still feel rested. I started out in my flannel pajama pants, but then got too warm so I had to stick a leg out. Then I got too cold, so I had to move the leg back in and scoot closer to the bed buddy. Then I'd get warmer and stick a leg out. Vicious cycle repeat.

And yesterday, I didn't get all the laundry done I wanted. I was worried about whether I'd run out of laundry detergent. And I didn't want to purchase a sub-standard one just to get the rest of the loads done. I'm particular about my detergents. I want my Ecos, but it's a difficult one to find out here. Usually I have to settle for a mainstream detergent which "brags" about it's 25% post-consumer plastic bottle. Not my first choice. But it beats driving all over the city for one laundry detergent.

But there's still 4 loads left. Just staring at me from piles on the floor. Gigantic land mines that have invaded the bedroom loft floor. And wook's not very good at not stepping on the piles. He didn't grow up with persistent training of how to avoid any and all toys on the floor. Apparently I have a better base for ninja training than he. Cool. But still, this ninja-in-training needs some clean clothes. Especially 'roos and socks. The bare essentials.

And as much as I want this week to just fly past, there's lots to be done at work. It's one of those weeks where both work and personal lives are crammed, and I don't know when I'll have time to breathe. Work party I'm planning. Halloween bash wook and I are planning. It's a very full plate. And Sunday will be a welcome sigh of relief. But that's after Halloween on Saturday. I can't wait. Well...actually...I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS