Friday, October 9

I've Been A Little Amiss

So Tuesday was my beloved birthday. I intended to carry out the tradition all week and keep up the spirits, but work was a heavy load this week. And so, I failed my mission of Birthday Blogging all week. Sorry folks.

But let's hit the highlights of the week.

Wednesday was a very busy day which thankfully ended with happy, fed people. And happy, fed coworkers (I love when guest counts are lower than expected).

My night only got better as I walked into my place, only to be greeted by the one, the only Mr. Andy Mew, of Alaska. The man's a legend. And he's back from deployment. And that means one thing: Scotch. Well, for him. I had 2 vodka tonics. With lemon. And we caught up. Without wook. Because he had a 6am flight. Ya. In that early. No thanks. Andy and I'll go out instead.

But let's fastforward to Thursday morning. I wake up. AT 7:45AM. I LEAVE FOR WORK AT 7:50AM. Oh, shit. So I call my coworker, tell her I just woke up, and I'll be there when I can. And I know what you may be saying, "But you did stay out all night drinking." I had 2 drinks. And bars around here close at 10pm on weekdays. That means I was in bed before 10:30pm. Not nearly the rough and tumble night that can be assumed. I wish I had a story like that. Instead my story is, my phone didn't go off.

So you can imagine the amount of body spray I used to cover the fact that I didn't shower. Not like the headband and wavy hair didn't give it away.

And lastly tonight. I started feeling like crap at lunch. My whole abdomen just aches. Not in one place. Just all over. It's like heartburn, but belly burn. It's weird. I haven't WebMD.com'd it yet, but I will. But first, I have to make dinner. Yes, I have to make dinner. I'd rather just go to sleep and wake up feeling better. But the wookie and I need to eat. And wook cooked all week. My turn. Bad stomach or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS