Friday, December 19

Failure to Launch...

So this morning a very hungry, anxious Ashley gathered her possessions en route to the airport. Not sure about whether I could pack my compactable umbrella in my purse, I told my dad to standby incase he needed to swoop out and get it.

Well...

As I check in, I'm informed that Denver is delayed 37 minutes. Not because of weather. But because of the crew. Unlike wook, I can't man an aircraft nor do I have any desire. Thinking back right now, I don't know if I want a crew that can't show up on time to pilot my vacation. (Just a thought to try and cheer up the situation).

So as the nice lady at the little kiosk kept typing away, I was met with even better news. I wouldn't make my 45 minute connect in Denver. Without that, no connection to Chicago. No Nashville. In fact, nothing available out of Denver until Sunday morning. "Wait, what?"

That's right. Stand down Ashley. We spent a half an hour trying to think of alternates. "I'll go to Portland, Sac, Frisco, I don't care." She typed away mercelessly. Nothing. Zilch. No life back east to Nashville tomorrow. We did come close to going Medford, Portland, Chicago, Atlanta, but wook really didn't want to diverge that far off the path. So we settled for the original offer. Sunday morning, Medford, Denver, Nashville (takes out one connect, which is awesome).

Disheartening, yes. What anyone can do about it? Nuthin'.

So now I'm left with today and tomorrow to kill. Well since I didn't hardly any sleep tonight, I think that might be my first stop. The rest of the day is up in the air.

Until then people, keep up those good thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry. Eric was diverted until tonight as well. That majorly sucks! You can call me if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Ashley. I have come to hate flying...I can't count how many times my flights to visit Zach via Chicago or Denver were screwed up because of crew or weather problems. I'll think good thoughts for your flights on Sunday...you'll be there soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS