Friday, February 11

puppy love

I came home from work to an empty house.  No waggin' nub of a tail 3 seconds after I enter.  No "Hi handsome."  It was depressing.  I was...sad.


I had a revelation...you won't know what you've got till it's gone.


Mr. Wookie and Sweet Pea were only on a walk.  He got home early.  So he got time with the dog before they went out.  Then trekked out and about the neighborhood for a super walk.  But still...I missed my lively 4-legged wags.


She really is a doll.  Here she is lounging her fluffy ass away on my old college couch.  You can see it's....well...ugly.  We call it the "Kurt Cobain" couch.  Do I really need to explain this?  It's ugly.  It was maybe $25 at a garage sale when my brother was in college.  That was...200?...ya...I can't remember (no, I haven't been drinking...I'm in a post-this-week-has-been-busy relaxation phase).


Some mornings she's up when we're up making coffee, so we turn on the gas fireplace so she can lounge while we take in a little caffeine.  Then it's walk time.  Or maybe a second cup of coffee.  Then walk time.  Or, sometimes she's super lazy...and just wants to lounge with a short walk.


When it's super nice outside, we lay in the sun on our porch.


When Mr. Wookie comes home late, she greets him with a super wiggly nub.


And when she's super tired after a 2.5 mile walk (atta Mr. Wookie!), she protests sleep like an infant...then proceeds to fall asleep with her body on her bed...and her head flailed off.


Just don't clap really loudly when The Office is hilarious; she'll stink eye you.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for some bloggage, it has been rather silent and I keep compulsively checking it to see something new! Tonight I was rewarded...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! My MIL is watching my dog this year while I'm at college, and it's the worst feeling. Sweet Pea is deff a cutie though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once they enter your lives it's freaky weird if they're not around when you walk in the door. When Oly was being spayed and I had my first night sans puppy I thought I'd lost an arm!

    Gooooooooooooooo rescues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Gotta love the dog version of the stink-eye...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE this update!!! Have had a rough couple of weeks in rescue and THIS is what keeps me going... you have no idea how much I appreciate seeing how blissfully happy she is with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS