Tuesday, September 22

A Girl, Found, Remembered

It was a nice summer in Oregon when a young woman was taken from an apartment complex just off Oregon State's campus. My campus. My beloved campus. Right there. Asshole. And I'm not sure if it made national news, but the PacNW was definitely aware of how a rapist was already caught in New Mexico and then considered an interest in this missing girl's case.

That fall and later, 2 bloggers moved into the same apartment complex (although not together, but less than 30 yards apart). I, being a nearly 5'11" redhead, didn't worry about being abducted. But you better believe I was around with Mommy McD at her towering height of 5'Short."

People questioned my sanity for living in an apartment complex with such a history. Journalists would come by asking for stories, viewpoints, opinions of living here. I never gave a care. I liked living 8 minutes walking to my building. I liked living 10 minutes walking to the tailgating spot. I liked living on the quieter side of campus where there isn't unst-unst music till dawn, people barfing in my yard, or hooking up on the front porch couch across the street. And the new managers loved us. Just call Mommy McD and Mrs Wookie apartment complex favorites.

Well Mommy McD facebook'd today that after 5 years, she was found. Finally.

And the killer did all that to avoid the death penalty. I wonder if it's considered un-kosher to reneg on that offer. Be like, "Psych!" and throw the switch. I would.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I asked Mark - can we just say "jokin' and put him to death anyway?" Do we know how Jessie and Micheal (I am pretty sure that was his name. Drawing a morning blank..) are doing? What about Tito?

    *I just scrolled down to the little word verification - I thought I would let you know it says "props". For some reason I found it endlessly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS