Wednesday, September 9

Wanted: New Family, Almost

There are few things we PacNW-ers take seriously. Pac-10 sports, microbreweries, and the delectability of In N Out. With that being said, I was talked off the ledge this afternoon by the Sheriff in wanting a new dad and sisters.

The text-versation as follows:

Sheriff: "Redding.....Guess where the next stop is?"

Me: "I've disowned my family."

Sheriff: "Please don't. I will buy you a Rubberhead."

Me: "Tempting...make it a pitcher and some cajun tots, deal."

Sheriff: "Ha ha and I will throw in a hummus plate to boot."

Me: "Now we're talking...wooooohoooooo!"

Clues for those who don't know what we're talking about. It's called McMenamin's. And it's a place of the Beer Gods. The pinnacle of the Beer Gods. Home to Portland, Oregon. Pure heaven in an always-frosty pint. It dries the eyes of children, while envoking tears in adults of its tasteful concoction. It was a staple of every Oregon State alum's college experience, so much that our boys were known by name at the one just off campus.

McMenny's, I've missed you. It won't be much longer. Keep your head up.

And what would a blog post about In N Out be without the deliciousness of some animalized fries. Thank goodness there weren't any action shots of my dad and sisters mid-bite. My heart couldn't handle that. Coronary, Aisle 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS