Sunday, January 31

For Cabin Fever, Press 3

While it's only 6 inches that's covering Downtown after Saturday's continued snowfall, the fact that everything's closed and the wind is beyond cold is enough to keep Wookie & Co. indoors.

We did venture out yesterday. To take in the sights around the neighborhood.

The little pond was barely surviving the Bering Sea-like conditions that took over.

But this little guy definitely made me giggle. His hair made me crack up the most.

And we ventured along the water, which wasn't that windy (to our surprise). But we did have to cross a wooden bridge to get back to the street. "Hopefully this thing isn't rotted through. I mean, I'll survive, but you probably won't." Thanks Wook.

Now here is where it gets windy, when we're on the streets of Downtown Norfolk. Obviously, I'm barely surviving with a hat on, my hoodie, and the top of my jacket. Brrrrrrr!! I don't know if I could survive in a Bostonian climate. That may be a bit extreme for me.

When you get near the buildings is where the wind whips the most. It was like getting pelted with needles in the face. Not a happy Mrs. Wookie. Then outside the Union Mission (Men's shelter), 2 bums were fighting. While I told Wook to take a picture of it, he suggested we cross the street to avoiding dealing with them. Sold.

So now that we confirmed yesterday that it's miserable outside, I was so bored that I caught up on my housework. Dishes done. AND unloaded. Laundry bin empty, minus a half-load of reds (but I'll save the water and wash them when I have a full load). Emily Post biography over halfway read. Body washed and hair dried. And the "Wookie & Co. Pregnancy Questionnaire" emailed to the S.I.L. Amber. Only thing left is to make dinner. But I think I'll let Mr. Wookie handle that. He needs a break from studying. Aren't I a nice roommate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS