Thursday, January 7

T-Minus: 4 Hours And Counting

Mr. Wookie lands tonight. Hopefully. On time, or not, the roommate is coming back. Oh shit, better get the house cleaned. And quickly.

I kid, but I kid not. It's not a nuclear wasteland, but it's definitely not something that'd be on Martha Stewart Living's front cover.

I'll just say it's a bit lower than Mr. Wookie's level of clean. But that's to be expected when you had the upbringing he had. He made his bed every morning, did his own laundry, packed his lunch. I slacked my whole way through high school with Mama Ging making my lunch, the Sheriff yelling at me to "make a path," and my closet getting the royal treatment of hiding everything so I could go out and play. Just 2 different worlds, that's all.

So until he gets back, I get to do his duties. Okay, well his duty. The only thing I despise is unloading the dishwasher. I call it "undoing," and it's more evil than giving an 84-year-old woman a pedicure. I'd rather babysit. And by babysit, I mean put some whiskey in the bottle/sippy cup and tell them there's a magical jelly bean in the closet and they can't come out until they find it. This is why Aunt Bop's the "fun one."

And let's just have some icing on the cake for this blogger right here. Half day tomorrow for me! Woohoo! "How?" you ask. By working almost my whole week's hourage in 4 days. And while I could have had the afternoon off, I chose to have the morning off. Because picking up Mr. Wookie at Uber:Late PM, I'd like some real sleep. So I'll be thinking of you when I wake up at 10am, with eye boogies galore, while you've been slaving for The Man since 8am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS