Monday, January 18

What Lies Ahead In 2010

What's in store for Wookie & Co. for the coming year? Let's see....

February
The family can't wait to welcome the first grandbaby/niec-phew to the hysteria that makes up our world. Boy or girl, 10 fingers or 11 (just kidding)...as long as it develops a great sense of humor, it won't be banished to living on an island in exile. Just remember, kid, postcards from your Aunt are priceless.

March
Baby Sister is one year closer to the getting-caught-drinking-but-it's-okay-'cuz-your-legal age. This worries me while makes me proud. If we go out in Medford, should I be responsible and make sure we get home safely? Or should I have fun with Baby Sister and then call our parents for a ride home? I'm thinking Plan B.

June
Middle Sister dons that ugly, tent-like gown that makes Commencement "official." But seriously, another Beaver Grad to the family just makes us look good. And I look forward to another trip to Awesome College Town, those still in there, and my favorite building in college: McMenamin's Hall.

July
While I definitely look forward to jumping the Atlantic for a little "'Ello Govna," the 4th of July just won't be the same. Hopefully I can find some ex-pats to grab a pint with while indulging in some fish and chips. And maybe some biscuits. Happy Birthday America, from the Land of Those Who Got Their Asses Handed Back To Them.

October
Another year older? Really? Why? I don't see the need in this at all. It should really stop. 24 years is great. End scene. I don't want to hit 27. Then it's just 3 years till 30. And while 30 means NYC with Mommy McD, which sounds great, wrinkles and old age are not in my Top 10 list of things I want to happen. What is? Awesomeness. I know, how awesome is that?

December
After 2 years away for the holidays, I'm coming back home baby. It's in everybody's interest, really. Middle Sister can make some awesome scones. Baby Sister throws down a killer pie. And I can make a deadly mimosa. Round that out with the Sheriff making 2 pans of Monkey Bread, and Mama Ging never having her gifts wrapped until Christmas Eve when she has to implement a Nike Sweat Shop of her daughters to get everything done...home is where the heart is, where it makes me happiest, and where I can be myself. Because I'm the Ging, that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS