Sunday, January 3

Mr. Wookie May Come Home Now

As much as I love 4-day work weeks, a Friday where I get to leisurely drive north to the Mommy McD abode, spend 2 days with 2 trolls in too cold of weather, I'm ready for my household to resume normality. I'd like my roommate home again. Please.

There's just something about coming home from work, Mr. Wookie already there, or if he hasn't made it home yet, I arrive first, giddy to see him strut home in his flight suit. We replay our day. And if it's been a stressful day to either party, we make a cocktail first, then divulge in how the day went wrong. And if it's a really bad day...well...it's ugly people. One time I came home sooooo fuming that I forced Mr. Wookie into running gear so I could force my frustrations into 3 miles. Ya, you know it's bad when liquor won't suffice - only a snotty nose in too cold of weather.

And this weekend was great. Since Mr. Wookie wasn't around, I didn't feel bad in leaving the Loft for a friendly face near the D.C. area. What I didn't count on was hypothermia showing up and almost forcing us to abandon any activity outside the house. But we trooper'd on. We drove into D.C. for some existential education (we went to an art museum) before succumbing to the blistering cold that still enveloped the whole northern part of Virginia. Starbucks and home. Check and check. What wasn't on my menu: insane traffic ON A SATURDAY and an hour-long commute back.

But unfortunately for this blogger, I have a job that won't allow me ample time off to visit everyone. (Not yet, people, not yet). So I made the trek back home. And I'm here. And I wish I weren't. The turtle tank is starting to create a wafting smell around the lower part of the Loft. I'd fix it...but I don't know how. Plus, I'm going to wave the "Mr. Wookie, your turtles need attention." I didn't buy them. Yes, I love them. But honestly, I'm like a stepmother to them. No real responsibility. ;)

So while I'm hiding out upstairs doing my laundry, XMing, and wishing the days away until Mr. Wookie returns, the stench will probably linger. Along with the dropping temperatures. Oh yay, I love winter. But seriously, where's my rain? The Ging does not do cold.

3 comments:

  1. The Sheriff says... use a candle for the reptiliian house guests. But don't forget your fire safety as well, blow out the candle when you leave the loft or go to bed. Glad you're home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't mention the octopi. And I'm glad you came. It was good - even if we came home shoeless. Next time, you can show me how to wear a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably the excess food they dont eat stinking up the tank. Skip the feeding tonight and leave their light off. I wouldn't make you change the filter. It's a nasty job and there would be nobody around to hear you complain about it.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS