Monday, January 25

I Believe I Deserve A Second Sunday, Thank You

I feel jipped. I feel screwed. I feel like I deserve a whole weekend in which to regain my sanity, finish my laundry, and stretch out my calves that are decidedly tighter after my long day run.

Friday afternoon started like this...

I almost left my phone on the back of my car. Great, right? Nothing would piss me off more than donating my wonderful Orange and Black phone to some punk-ass bitch who's failing out of Community College.

And this was at 3:00pm on Friday. Yes, I was out of work at 2:34pm. But there was a catch. I had to work Saturday morning: 7:30 - 9:30am. That's okay. I don't mind sacrificing a Friday afternoon not at work to be in for 2 hours on Saturday.

So this is where I was promptly after coming home. Hello gorgeous! Miss me?!?

Saturday night was a return to the college days. No really. I went to a house party. Like a full on gaggles-of-people-in-the-hottub, beerpong-in-the-front-room, drinking-Jenga-game-near-the-sofas. The only thing missing were Greek letters. And the cops raiding. But there was the old man who dropped by without warning. Apparently the neighbors there are very friendly.

And Sunday was spent channeling my inner-Sarah Palin. Where Russia go? We went to the gun range. Talk about lame. No, not the part about dispelling ammo like I'm Ah-nold tracking the Predator. I'm talking about having to pay to use someone's basement to blow shit up. Umm, where I come from, we drive out to the mountains. My targets are usually Spongebob posters. And there's fresh air, trees, and the one-time Sheriff dropping by to check out our cache.

And now it's raining something fierce. I just got a warning from Weather.com about this crazy systems that pouring along the coast. It's the perfect day to stay in, curled up in my chair, reading my Emily Post biography. Agree? Oh, rain, I've missed you. It's only been 3 days. But you seriously make my day. Is it so wrong to feel like I'm back in the greatest College Town, Oregon ever? Minus I can't skip work like I skipped class. Not that I ever skipped class. No, not me, honor student here. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS