Thursday, June 4

It's a Sign From the Gods

June is Adopt-A-Cat Month. :D

While I'd love to bring home Gato tomorrow...that's not exactly an option.

Wook kinda agreed last night that I have more going for me if I wait until I'm gainfully employed before bringing in a furry feline friend.  Okay.  Agreed.

It takes money, and searching, and prepping before you can waltz in with a new family member.

And while having a dog and a cat would be hugely fun, we live in a small loft apartment.  And Bitch Dogs (read: Tea Cup Chihuahuas) aren't really our definition of a dog.  A real dog needs backyards, and sticks to throw, and holes to dig, and parks to run at.  We have a small strip of grass before a very busy street.  Not ideal.  

But that doesn't mean Rufus is forgotten.  Oh, we'll get a dog.  A medium-to-big dog.  When the stars align perfectly with a backyard, quiet street, and a breed that doesn't super slobber.  And wook will name him Lacus (Latin for Tank).

Besides, cats are independent little friends.  Perfect for city living.

And to be honest, I'm kinda jealous of the 3 turtles wook has.  They're super fun.  He feeds them.  Literally, holds food down and they'll eat out of his fingers.  They're little social creatures.  Is it so much for me to want the same love?  I feel like a Stepmom.

I know my mom puts up the defense about Indoor Cats longing for the outdoors, etc.  But on the bright side, they're not Stray Dog Fodder.  They're in a warm, comfy house with a girl who will love to curl up with you and let you enjoy your solitude sleeping on the foot of my bed.

I've done my research.  There's just the hurdle of employment to jump.  But that'll come soon enough.  I've price-checked litter boxes, cat beds, food dishes, scratching posts, catnip mice, etc.  And I'm excited. :)

2 comments:

  1. I will fedex you momma kitty....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing at my dog is probably one of my favorite pastimes. It's not hard to find things to chuckle about though when your dog is actually an 80 year old woman reincarnated.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS