Monday, June 29

Soapbox Stand

In response to the cries of resisting the Pet Store, never fail...I am not a Pet Store Purchaser.

Unless they're feeder fish for the turtles at $0.13 a pop. Then it's okay. :)

I've already done elaborate initial research into Bulldog Rescue Groups and Shelters. I just didn't know whether or not a soapbox stand was an appropriate venture when I was merely stating that it was awesome for wook and I to agree upon the breed of a future family member.

And let's put on the record that PetFinder.com (where lots of the rescued varities are posted for online perusal) had an adequate supply of dogs/cats for wook and I to oogle over. Bulldogs included.

There's even one Rescue Group in New Jersey that only works with English Bulldogs. I know, it's far, but I would drive 7 hours for an awesome dog that was in desperate need of love from a gangly redhead and lumbering ogre. Plus I would fill up my gas tank, by saying, "Fill 'er up! Regular." (Yes, Jersey is the other awesome state that pumps your gas for you. Love it!).

I do love the outpouring from anti-pet store peoples though. I told wook going in there that most people fall in love with the puppy without realizing that they're puppy mill products.

But at least it clarified to us that we do love the same kind of dog. And wook's more than willing to open his wallet (as well as myself) to a price that's a mere fraction of a pet store find. The most I saw was $500 for a rescued Bulldog. A drop in the bucket for the little guy (or lady) who needs a great home more than a raping price tag.

And for future reference, just know that it'll have an awesome name like Claud.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I sheepishly sit back and wish I hadn't gotten on my OWN soap box about puppy mill pooches. Ekk. Much apologies. Next time I'll stay off the box...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS