Friday, June 26

Order For Ashley!

Good news, people. A fire has been lit and established progress.

As you know, or at least have read, a week and a half ago the triggered was pulled on shipping my car across the world (okay, country) for its use in transporting myself from A to B. And you know that the initial company we intended to use was dragging its ass in making stuff happen.

So Mr. Angry Elf (my dad) told Company A that if the car isn't moving by Thursday, we're pulling our order and going with Company B (and for note, not just a smoke screen - he really did work out another order with a secondary company). So what was picked up yesterday?

MY CAR!! Around 7pm PST.

I found out around lunchtime, my time, that a trucker was en route, picking up a car in Quines Creek (small super podunk town on the way south in Oregon) with the next stop of Medford.

And for some reason I got really nervous. I never have a problem in initializing plans. It's when plans start coming together that I get really nervous. Weird, right? And it happened when I planned on moving back East for a smidge. Buying the ticket wasn't nerve-wracking, but 3 days before I jet-setted I got cold feet. Apparently I really don't like change. And my body agrees.

So the ETA of the car is next week. This trucker lives in Maryland is on a straight shot home for the 4th of July. No funny business. So it could be the 1st, the 2nd, or the 3rd. I'll take the first 2 dates seeing as we have firm plans for that weekend. But if it has to be the 3rd, then we'll make it happen. I don't mind back-up plans as long as I've thought them out well in advance.

I'm glad my dad doesn't have to move the car, which would have been more torture than fun. Even though we would have gladly packed my trunk full of NW awesomeness. But we would have only had him for one evening, before he jumped a flight back for the Family Reunion (which I'm missing - boo!). But plans still stand for the whole family coming out for a week or so for the gammat of wook's Winging (whenever that'll actually take place) and wook and I can play Tour Guide Barbie and GI Joe together (Barbie and Ken divorced, GI Joe's her new squeeze).

Man, it's like waiting for the ultimate Christmas. My car brought by "Santa."

2 comments:

  1. When is winging? I'd still like to try and make it down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My body HATES change too! Each time I think I'm the one in control all I have to do is plan a move, or a vacation to remember how nerotic my brain really is...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS