Sunday, June 21

Proposed Road Trip

With my entering the Virginia work force, there comes a need for my own mode of transportation. In other words, I need my car. And I won't be able to go back for it.

So instead, we've filled out the paperwork to throw the sexy Smurfette on a big rig.

We did that Monday. It still is sitting in Medford. As of today (Sunday).

The average time it takes for a vehicle to get on the move is 3 to 5 days (not counting the 6-9 days of transported to be alloted). Now you can sense my impatience. I want my car, I want it now. I'm like Sig Hansen on the Northwestern, slamming my fist on the desk because people aren't working like they're supposed to. Let's move it.

So if the car isn't picked up by Friday, this is our plan. Medford to Norfolk in 4 days.

The driver: The Sheriff (my dad), and lots of Starbucks

The stops: SLC, Hays (Kansas), Louisville (KY), and Norfolk

The hidden property: Bridgeview Merlot (local wine for $6/bottle), Jabberwocky (a local dark beer), Moose Drool, anything New Belgium, Beaver gear, and yoga gear all in the trunk.

Hopefully it doesn't have to come to this. My dad, stuck in my car, for 4 straight days, driving 800 miles a day, eating Taco Bell and Burger King for breakfast/lunch/dinner is dedication, but I'd prefer dedication to a different cause. Like Orange and Black. Beaver Nation, people.

For the past week, wook's been a Saint in letting me borrow his car to get to work. But I'd like my own car, please. The one I pay each month to park at my parents' house. One with better gas mileage. A sexier color. A manual transmission. My awesome collection of out-dated CDs. And super comfy seats.

This is the only downside to actually finding a job across the country. And now it's time to implement the "No, seriously, why hasn't my car been picked up yet?" plan. And my dad's already checked into moving the car to a larger city like Portland or Sacremento. No dice. It won't help our cause at all. Well that's good to know. My dad will spare the calories of In N Out or McMenamin's for another time. Next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS