Tuesday, June 9

Open Letter to the Weather

Dear God,

How can the weather go from so gorgeous I'm out on the back steps enjoying the breeze to a biblical flood down Boush St.?  I think I saw a frog fall out of the sky.

While I'm a huuuge fan of thunderstorms, usually the build-up I experience is seeing booming thunderheads in the distance and preparing for immenent distruction and flooding a la Oregon.

Here, a different story.  5 minutes separates a sunny day to doom-and-gloom.

I do thank you for my never-ending training of rain and elements during my time in Oregon, whether it be rain or showers (there's a difference for some who don't know).

And bless Woodburn Outlet for that excellent sale on my Helly Hansen jacket.  She's come in handy a couple of times as we're caught in a storm leaving the movies or dinner.

But for now, I'll sit back, lounging to Pandora.com, enjoying the lightning show and booming thunder that's overhead, and contemplate the meaning of life.  Okay, maybe not that severe.  But I do enjoy my thunderstorms plenty.  As long as I'm not chasing after smokes on a fire crew.

Thanks, God, for listening.  Have a good rest of the day playing Rock Band Drums.


The Receiver of Many "Angel Kisses" (Freckles),

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. lol, it's really cramping mark's getting to workness... being on a bike and exposed to all the elements and whatnot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sheriff says.... ah the good old days, Mill Hill, B & G at the Tiller Store and wading the S. Umpqua.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS