Monday, June 8

One Weird Dream Coming Right Up!

I wanted to relay as much down before I forgot about my crazy dream.

I'm traveling in a car, with 5 people, somewhere in the Seattle vicinity.  I don't know how I know this, but somehow I knew it was Seattle.  Maybe because the weather gets nasty, and there were trees, and...well...maybe we were in a Volvo. :)

Anyways...

And long story short, since details are being erased as I type...

Someone looks back from in our car towards the sky, and there's a huge storm coming in.  Literally, speeding in, large, looming dark clouds.  I don't remember who, but someone gets spooked.  So we step on it.  We're hauling.

All of a sudden, a flippin' funnel cloud comes out towards the ground.  Holy $#!T!

So we're dodging Downtown Seattle traffic.  We see the funnel cloud start navigating people in cars and on the streets.  We're paranoid that it's just going to start sucking people up.  So we hit the gas.  I didn't care how fast we went as long as we outran this hungry cloud.  And it did settle on these teenage girls walking to a movie theater or something.  Well, better to get sucked into a cloud and die when you least expect it, right?

Then we've navigated our way onto a rural WA highway, heading outta town.  How I know?  I don't know.  It look liked the road in Harry and the Hendersons, minus no big ape, and one angry cloud with a funnel chasing our car.  Seriously?  What'd we do?

Fast forward, we're at a house/apartment.

People are wanting to bunker in and watch the storm take over the area.

Hello?  Windows are glass.  Glass can break.  Shards can fly.  I like my eyesight, thank you.

So I take the 2 kids we have in the mix and find some reinforced dining room area to hunker down.  But then I realize I can't take both kids because I won't be able to hang on to whatever it is I'm hanging on to.  So I give up the toddler.  I don't know who took her, but she turned out safe for those wondering about my future child-rearing abilities.

You hear this storm roll in, flippin' loud.  You guys remember how at the end of Twister, they literally got sucked into the air and had to hold on?  Well that's how this was.  The air was being sucked outta the house, like the storm was hungry for everyone.  But I held on for deaf life, and kept the 7-year-old okay (at least that's how old I think she was).

Then I wake up.  Hero Ashley.  

But like always, what the heck do I smoke/eat to have dreams like that?

___________________________________________


Time for translation courtesy of Dreammoods.com:

"To see a storm in your dream, signifies overwhelming struggle, shock, devastating loss and catastrophe in your personal affairs.  The storm also represents unexpressed fears or emotions, such as anger, rage, turmoil, etc.  On a more positive note, the storm signifies your rising spiritually.  It could signal rapid changes ahead for you.

To dream that you take cover in a storm, foretells that whatever disturbance or problems is occuring in your life will quickly blow over.  Consider also the phrase "weather the storm," which suggests your ability to withstand whatever comes."

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS