Saturday, July 11

Recap: July 3rd (Location: D.C.)

It was a pain to get out of town. Especially after the Northbound tunnel to Hampton Roads was closed due to a water line leak. Traffic was backed up for 20 miles. No joke. And wook wanted to leave at 730. Ya right. Well we left just after 730, made the loop around Norfolk/Chesapeake, and headed for the other tunnel. We hit 10 minutes of stand-still traffic. And were off.

DC or Bust!

We got into town around 11pm. Crowe may or may not have been disappointed in the time we made, but with Norfolk being in the huge Charlie Foxtrot that it was, we made great time.

So let's start off with the recounting of 3 days with some Oregonians.

While wook and Crowe were out galavanting to Dulles to pick up the Collin & Katie crew, Joe and I headed to Georgetown to take in the sights/sounds/books of the area.

Pretty roadway on the way to Georgetown from DuPont Circle (where we stay).

The little river where some Congressman (or something) dumped that Intern's body. Really? A little river in D.C. is where you try to dispose of a murder victim? Wow. You should do more research. Find a wook chopper...or fake a suicide on the Metro...or boil their body down. Amateur. Anyways.

"Omg, Joe, can we go in??" I wanted to check this place out in person since I've perused their goods online. Eh, nothing really I needed at the moment. And I'm pretty sure Joe enjoyed the view of girls walking around in yoga pants. Boys...

This was the main reason for going to Georgetown. The stairs from the Exorcist. I don't remember it. But apparently they're the ones that the priest throws himself down. Okay. I don't remember that part. I'll have to YouTube it.

So naturally we have to hike up them. "Joe, don't judge if I'm huffing and puffing at the top. My cardio's not exactly stellar." His neither.

At least Joe didn't enjoy that little hike either. Emo expression on that decision.

And apparently it was Paint Your Door Day. I'm like the black doors. To me it means, "go away, I never said I liked you, unless you're bringing some adult beverages... then come on in. I like you now."

Ya, I was totally lurking the bright blue, fuzzy Jesus statue in the window.

And the group is finally back together!! And riding the Metro, of course.

We did have to make a stop-off to Macy's Shoe Dept. Katie was wanting some black flats to go with her outfit for the evening. Despite the boredom that their expressions warrant, we were literally in there for less than 10 minutes. Those boys can't complain about that.

So we tried the Payless Shoe Source across the street. But the boys thought that trying to fit a nylon sock on Collin's head was much more entertaining.

And now it looks like something else...a saggy Yamika. Or a big nipple. Or a tumor.

Relaxing in the Museum of Art. A huge place. We barely got to half before we were all cranky for food. And wook got yelled out for answering his phone in one of the galleries. "What part of no cell phones didn't you understand?" Ya, one of the boys called him. Haha.

On to evening wear. The boys in their new suits looking shnaaaaazzy. They definitely brought their A Game. Next stop: Russia House.

My bra always seems to make an appearance. But at least my martini tasted good.

I love these boys. Seriously. Collin, Katie, move out to D.C. We need more.

This was only our first stop, but things went downhill fast. It was legen...dary.


6 friends + 1 great city = Who needs more Gatorade? How's your stomach, Crowe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS